tomvailco

getting ready

Your lower back gets really sore after about 7 minutes... Maybe it's because I was a newbie.. Good luck with that! :D

Oh yeah, and when your lower back is exausted, it makes it really hard to stay stable, so get ready to bounce off some walls...

:D

Man that sounds fun!

When your done, you will probably be able to fly like a bird though...:o

[....]anyone have suggestions for back stretches or exercises to get me ready, or
just general back twists,arching stretches, and crunches??

During the week, between AFF jumps, I have done "practice arches" on the floor to help
improve my muscles / muscle memory. Essentially, you lay on your stomach, go into an
arch, hold it for 10-30 seconds, relax for a while, and repeat. I did ten of these in a row.
Probably anything that involves your hip area being on the floor and your legs and arms
being off the floor will help, but it might be best if you can get an instructor to show you
an "official" arch before you do it, so you don't build some bad habits.

I also did a search and found some other suggested stretching exercises here. One was
a funky kind of push-up, and the other was: lie on your back, bring one knee up to your
chest, hold for 10 seconds, relax, bring other knee up to chest, hold, relax, bring both
knees up to chest, hold, relax.

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.