m11sic

Preparing to Jump

Go to uspa.org, find the SIM (Skydiver's Information Manual) and read the portions on a Catagory A jump... that'll be your first jump course right there. That way your familiar with what will be expected of you.

Make sure you're in good shape the day of your course, mentally and physically. Avoid partying the night before and get a good night's rest. Drink plenty of water, keep yourself hydrated. And stretch out before the physical parts of training, your muscles will thank you.

Most of all, have fun! Fun is the best reason to throw yourself from an airplane.

Hey,

I did my AFF less than 2 years ago. If I could tell you one thing, and it is the hardest thing. Relax. There is so much going on during those first jumps, but the sooner you can relax, the faster all the things you need to learn will come.

Good Luck to you, I hope your instructors and DZ are as good as where I went. If I never jump again (heaven forbid) I have such happy memories from doing it. My only regret is for waiting so long.

All the best,

Mo

Show up to the FJC... Pay attention. Have fun.

If you spend too much time preparing, you will get overwhelmed, overstressed, over amped... It is easier than it looks... Your instructors will make it easy.

Reading here and books is good, but I found myself overwhelmed in the beginning when I read the books and thought, "I could never do a front flip and pass that." I passed easily....

There is a line from Spaceballs that come to mind.

Dark Helmet: Let's get moving.

Col. Sandurz: Yes, sir. Driver, prepare to move out.

Dark Helmet: What are you preparing?! You're always preparing! Just go!