Ladybug

Tandem master line entanglement ????

Has anyone heard about an incident where the tandem master was entangled in some lines and passed out?

I've been told that the cameraman pulled his pilot chute and saved the day??????

NOT A RELIABLE SOURCE

Can anyone confirm, correct, or give details?

Dawn

I think you are refering to an incident many years ago at a dropzone in England (Peterborough). The drogue bridle wrapped around his neck and he passed out. Ronnie O'Brian who was filming managed to pull his reserve after which the tandem Insructor came to and was able to land without further incident.

Yup. Happened in England a few years ago. The drogue bridal got caught under the TM's neck and he went unconcious. They spun until the cameraman caught them. Not sure if he moved the bridal (doubtful) or just pulled the reserve but he saved them for sure.
Doc
http://www.manifestmaster.com/video

The drogue went around the tm's neck after he deployed it.

The camera guy went straight for his reserve, not an easy feat as the pair were spinning rather hard.

I believe the drogue loosened off his neck or came off after the reserve deployed sufficiently for the tm to regain conciousness.

BSBD!! -Mark.

"A Scar is just a Tattoo with a story!!!"