rcc

Stolen Gear

-Need help.
A friend of mine had his gear locked inside his car when someone broke in his car late at night and stole all of his skydiving gear.My friend Rodrigo Bianchini lost every thing so if you have any info about his gear please let him know #770-309-1488.
"REWARD IF FOUND"
Blue,green and yellow mirage G4 container MOS-5962
AAD cypress-1/ 114192645DC92250
All White Nitron with green ribs main canopy-135
Yellow PD reserve canopy-126-PR126033165
JVC GZ-MC500 Video Camera-14070994
Yellow RAWA camera helmet with green and blue strips
Blue Altimaster II
Blue Gatorz sunglasses
Black ProTrack audible
Yellow and Black fire fly team method jump suit.
BLUE SKY`S

It was stolen in maretta Georgia late at night.
Who ever stole it is not goong to get anything for it.Because who ever byes it has to be a skydiver,and that skydiver will know that it s stolen.It is pretty stupid, what are you gooing to do with it.It`t not like you can sale it.If any info please let us know.

skydive the farm has a flyer posted for this. maybe hans will scan it with the pictures of the rig camera and helmet and post it here.

Hans I know your computer illiterate. just mail the pics to me and I will post them.;)

Back in the early eighties my girlfriend had her gear stolen from her car in Atlanta. About a year later another skydiver driving around town on the west side 75 bypass saw what looked like a gear bag and stopped to check it out. Sure'nuf it was her gear untouched.

Good luck!

Will his car insurance cover the lost gear?

Possibly. He should contact his insurance carrier & file a claim. He needs to report this to the carrier ASAP so as to remove "lack of timely reporting" as a basis to disclaim. If the carrier denies the claim, he should hire a lawyer who, if he does what he's supposed to do, will read every word of the entire policy from cover to cover to see if the disclaimer holds water.

Edit: he should also report this (& possibly file a claim with) his homeowner's/renter's insurance carrier, too. Now, homeowner's and auto policies' coverages are generally mutually exclusive, but at least he'll have all his bases covered.

I asked him that and he only has liability. he said it wasnt worth full coverage.. Im guessing now it would have been.

I would still advise him to have someone knowledgeable read the entire policy just to be certain.

I asked him that and he only has liability. he said it wasnt worth full coverage.. Im guessing now it would have been.

Things like this in my policy are covered by my household insurance.

If he as household insurance or tenant insurance he may still be covered.

He should check.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

He should check.

I asked if he had homowners ins. he said no he rents. but I didnt ask any further.

He should check.

I asked if he had homowners ins. he said no he rents. but I didnt ask any further.

No Renters Insurance either? ouch....

I have renters insurace so that if the damn building burns down and takes all my toys with it, im covered. It also would cover theft too..:)
For those of you not sure if you should or shouldnt let this be a bit of an education for ya :)
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Hi!

I am sending an ad with pictures, serial numbers, etc to all DZ and Riggers in US.
I hope who got my gear try to sell or jump it. If he tries, I will get it back, My reserve due last week, it will need a repack, no rigger in US will repack without knowing this was stolen.

Thanks for all support guys.

I hope to see you guys soon... in a blue sky!

:) Hans (from Skydive The Farm) for all support he is giving me and for helping me jump (I am Jumping his rig and I am not paying rent). Mike G. and Hans are also helping me to buy a new rig.! I appreciated that!
And Ryan from ASC, who post this forum, in my suport.

See attached file.

The car was parked at his girlfriends apt. She does not have renters insurance.:(

It would be his policy not hers ;)
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto