rickanderson

new kc dz not opening?

Are you people braindead?? Does falling from the sky kill brain cells?? Its real simple folks we had a center here before it went away and we were happy it did. The community does not want another skydiving experience in this town. Im amazed at the comments and replies to this thread it makes me wonder what you people do for a living. Im not opposed to what you do for pleasure and excitement but this community will never be excited or welcome this type of business. Your previous jumping lads have left bad tastes in landowners & pilots mouths. Sorry but that is the way it is your industry your mess. Why not find another airport that has not been negatively affected and start out fresh?? Is Harrisonville the only airport in this state you can feast on?? I bet not!!!

If as you say you speak for the entire community, why then the need for quoting erroneous information on a blatantly bias anti-skydiving website?

Your 'community' shouldn't need to be swayed against this with preposterous propaganda being put fourth by a select few on mental cruise control with their own agenda and not the benefit of the 'entire community' in mind.

Does your 'entire community' realize the windfall of capital a business like this brings to an area?

People that travel to a place like the one being proposed do so with wads of discretionary / spendable MONEY!

They need gas, food, drinks, a place to stay...
When I go to a Destination Dropzone, the wife & kids drop me off and go sightseeing, to the movies. the mall shopping, restaurants...SPENDING MONEY!

I can't believe the 'entire community' has such a bad taste in their mouth that they are ready to knowingly throw away increased sales and tax revenue. Sounds more like a few panicked, narrow minded, status quo robots don't want any other kids near the sandbox.

In the interest of factually informing your 'entire community' why not have an open forum on that joke of a website that promotes / allows interactive discussion on this topic?
Rhetorical question, I'll tell you why...because the tiny little discriminatory group you so proudly proclaim yourself a member of...would be shown to be the uninformed alarmists they really are!

"Going to prosecute trespassers to the full extent"
Really? Why?
How about run an actual tab of the crop damage you incur during a given year and ask the DZ to compensate you? I'll wager it's considerably less than you have convinced yourself it would be.

Might require you to actually be civil and friendly...but it's good exercise, the world is getting smaller here in the 21st century...might want to open the gate and look around.

There are dropzones that add a positive influence to airports similar to yours all over the country...at least one airport has TWO skydiving operations on it and everyone there seems to get along just fine.

If the local pilots can't contend with a jump operation that's legally utilizing the runway and airspace as overseen by the federal government...than perhaps that says something about the quality and ability of the local airmen.

I'm sure there are many 'real' pilots in the skydiving community that would be willing to tutor the locals that are fearful of the unknown...maybe even talk 'em into a jump or two!

You ask, are we brain dead...you wonder what we do for a living.
Simply put, skydiving is a part of aviation, and attracts a similar cross section of the overall general public. It's a technical and expensive endeavour meaning not only do we have jobs that allow us to spend 6 or 7 thousands dollars on a bag of nylon that wears out quickly, we can also spend the 15-20,000 it takes to wear it out.

We tend to be achievers that travel a lot interacting with people from all walks of life, lending us to be more accepting of new ideas and the changing world as a whole...not a lot of 'head in the sand' goes on with our group.

We enjoy a sport that requires a lot of focus and concentration, the ability to deal with unforeseen problems in a fast and correct manner. We train ourselves to methodically continue working a situation until a problem is solved.

In our sport, relying on inaccurate or incomplete information and self serving opinions can get you hurt, so we look deeper than the surface at what we're told.

We also understand that what we do isn't understood by the general public, and there are numerous misconceptions. We don't force people that have no interest, to jump. And conversely question the motivation of those committed against us for imagined or fantasised reasons.

Overall, what we offer is much more than what we ask.
Those of you currently in a lock step march spewing the gloom and doom mantra, may want to ask yourselves why it is OTHER dropzone operators are leading the parade against this operation...

Might it be because they know for a fact, from current experience, just how much positive income and benefit are derived from this business...and don't want to lose any market share segment?

Why not take a higher stand, think for your self, seek facts and not fright fiction...welcome someone willing to drop down a considerable amount of initial capital investment, and a steady stream thereafter, into your community...

Where is that Mid West hospitality we hear so much about?

Later down the road, if it's truly a negative factor on your 'entire community' then take the necessary steps to change the situation.

So far from your end all I see is a few contentious old farts pounding their fists and making a lot of noise about something they really don't understand, citing bias opinion and facts not in evidence as proof of their condemnation.

There is a 'brain dead' argument that can be made, and after review of the erroneous statements and logically flawed reasoning cited on your 'community' anti - skydiving website...

That might be a question you should think twice about before asking.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I have typed, retyped, and ultimately refrained from posting the scathing reply I have for these two characters. It pains me terribly when uninformed people band together under a false flag. Unbelievable, eh?

You know what? Screw it; here's my response to "farmermcnasty":

You, my man, are the worst kind of hillbilly for posting that. You know, I grew up on 500 acres in Opelika, AL and have had my fair share of dealings with lousy neighbors. I have to tell you though, skydivers, as a group, are not those people. You are all bent out of shape over nothing. I hope your golfing buddy with the "hangar queen" Bonanza and the rest of the Kangaroo Court paid you well for the diatribe you keep spewing on this forum. Talk about collusion! You people slay me.

I wonder if Mike Igo is reading this stuff? Or any of the Farrington family? Or Banks Brazel?

That's all. Do you think I should ban myself for that personal attack? One thing's for sure; the next "braindead" comment by farmer mcnasty is going to to seal his fate on this site.

Chuck Blue
D-12501
AFF/SL/TM-I, BMCI-4, PRO

Are you people braindead?? Does falling from the sky kill brain cells?? Its real simple folks we had a center here before it went away and we were happy it did. The community does not want another skydiving experience in this town. Im amazed at the comments and replies to this thread it makes me wonder what you people do for a living. Im not opposed to what you do for pleasure and excitement but this community will never be excited or welcome this type of business. Your previous jumping lads have left bad tastes in landowners & pilots mouths. Sorry but that is the way it is your industry your mess. Why not find another airport that has not been negatively affected and start out fresh?? Is Harrisonville the only airport in this state you can feast on?? I bet not!!!

Braindead - no, compassionate about our sport, yes.

I personally wouldn't want to jump or fund a town like yours. You won't have to worry about taking any my money, whether there is skydiving there or not.

I have a new website campaign in mind, anyone guess what it could be?

j
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

The word is that the insurance was required from day one of talks about this new DZ, The new owners assured the city they could get the insurance "No Problem" They were not able to get this insurance and the city found that they had spent a lot of time and money to pursue a contract that could not be honored by the persons who requested it. The FAA won't touch it because the city has required the same insurance from the helicopter operation and they provided it! actually even higher than the new DZ was asked to provide. The FAA can only get involved if the insurance requirement is unfair, the DZ was asked less coverage, no recourse.

Yes! This is what I was informed by a city Manager!

We have tried to avoid posting on here, as we do not want to get involved with all of the negative politics that this area is known for, but we feel that this bit of mis-information should be addressed. From day 1, our lease agreement had nothing in it that we could not comply by. In the lease that was put before the board two weeks ago, the insurance requirements were that we would maintain general liability insurance on our leased premises, 3rd party liability insurance of $50,000, and workers' compensation insurance. It was only after the strong urging of another drop-zone owner that the city considered adding other insurance requirements.

Maybe you should call James Green and call him a liar to his face? If it is necessary we can obtain a copy of the original contact and allow the persons on this tread to decide what was required!! Step up!! Lets let the paper work tell the truth!!! Put the paper where you mouth is!!! If this other DZO can get the contarct changed simple by his "as you call it strong urging", than apparently you are not the DZO promoter that you claim to be???? or maybe he pointed out something that was already there and you are not savey enough to know?

We met with the city administrator last Tuesday and were given a new draft of the lease that had changed the 3rd party liability insurance to $1,000,000 and added to our general liability section was the line, "including, but not limited to all parties and participants of the Tenant's business operations."

Maybe they added these words but the requirement for General Liability Insurance, 3rd party for $1,000.000 was in the first draft, again call James Green a liar to his face!!!! or get your contacts cleaned!

We told the city administrator that we would research to see if this insurance was available, but that we were quite certain that it was not. After calling numerous insurance experts, we verified that neither of these insurances were available.

The paper said you were told this at the City Council meeting!! and it is reported that you stood in front of the council and stated that you would supply any insurance that was required!

When this was brought before the board, the issue was raised as to how the wording would have to be in order for us to comply with the lease. The city attorney stated that the 3rd party liability insurance would have to be reduced back to $50,000 and that the line, which he added to our general liability section, that now included all of our business activities would have to be removed, and then our general liability insurance would be back to basic slip and fall.

The board voted 5-4 to deny the lease, based on the fact that we could not obtain the insurance that they had only recently asked for. Also, this insurance is not required of any other tenant on the airport, including LifeFlight. Feel free to contact the city, as LifeFlight's lease is available under the Freedom of Information Act. If anyone is interested, I can provide copies of our lease, as it was two weeks ago, and our lease as the city changed it to several days ago.

You should fire your attorney if he is not aware of what General Liability Insurance is! Sorry but life flight has General Liability Insurance, 3rd party for $2,500.000 Yes! Please exercise the FOA and get the contract!

Whether or not it is unreasonable to require an insurance that is not available and whether or not it is unjustly discriminatory to require an insurance that is not required of any other user on the airport is ultimately up to the FAA, and we look forward to hearing their determination.

You gotta go to Missouri Department of Transportation, first if they back up than you may get to the fed. It cannot be ruled discriminatory if it is required of any and all who operate a commercial business venture on city property. and it is!!!

The funny thing is that everyone who states the facts that are backed by the local papers, city management, city employees, or state or federal rules are wrong? Question? why do persons on this thread, not take the time to phone persons and ask questions? Why do they take postings at face value? or is like a court of law where you will never find the truth, only the best argument?

Very sad! Emotionally blinded people, on both sides!

It pains me terribly when uninformed people band together under a false flag. Unbelievable, eh?

So...what your saying is...

The world ISN'T flat???
:o

But they said there were DRAGONS!

Why would they LIE???:ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I think you really need to to back and re-read every post by these fine folks (flynabeech, farmermcnasty and hue-janus), you would be surprised at how well informed they truely are. They know exactly where to find the facts they want (isn't it amazing farmermcnasty knew to look on the USPA site to come up with that particular name and even pointed out where to find it) but instead of giving them they twist the truth to suit their needs.
My friend these are the worst possible type of trolls imaginable. They have one reason for their behavior, to keep the new dz from opening and building a solid base of regulars.
I've watched these people since the other thread on this new dz started, you'll notice they only post on this thread, they all have very recently created accounts, they knew to come here to create havoc and mayhem among us. They leave no doubt in my mind that they are associated with the other dz's in the area and are trying to keep people from going to the new dz when it opens....
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

I've listened to each and every point with great interest. However, while I've raised the intest and emotion of many people there are several issues yet to be addressed. After checking my calendar, I have realized its March 8th. Wow, time is flying by. It's almost Harley season. In the meantime, you have all been led to believe this operation will be open, legal and in full operating status. The fact of the matter is the proposed skydivning business will not be close to registered, permitted and legal by April 1.

It's unfortunate that you have all been mislead but at the end of the day this new operation is nowhere close to operating legally.

Therefore, as a local resident and on-looker I will totally change my position and stick my hand out. Come on down, we will prove once and for all this is not legal or compliant with Federal, State or city ordinances. It's not even close. It's not our fault the homwork and due diligence was NOT done prior to selling a service that wouldn't be permitted by the local city.

After further research I've discussed this issue with the local police, cass county sheriff and Missouri State Highway Patrol. All have verified the business is not approved or permitted. Am I missing something or has this whole thing gotten alot further than it should have. Is there even a federal tax ID number for the corporation.

HOWEVER, COME ON DOWN.....LETS PARTY! WE'RE ALL GOING TO SHOW UP.......

Are you people braindead?? Does falling from the sky kill brain cells?? . . .it makes me wonder what you people do for a living.

Well young lady, I'll answer that question.

For the first few years of my life I jumped out of airplanes, swam under water, and occasionally risked my life for the freedoms you so luxuriously exercise. Later I built energy efficient modern power plants for company's that were thought to support the local economy and fostered an effort to improve the environment. I now am an executive of that company - the one that supplied the equipment to the "Peculiar" power station. I stay close to the politics in your area and in your state.

In my spare time I've searched for missing and endangered people, one of which (a resident of your general locale) owes her life to the efforts of this "brain dead" old man.

I've been married to the same women for 35 years. We've raise two wonderful, intelligent children and lived in the KC Metro area for a number of years. When I return I like to pursue my interests.

My maternal Grandfather raised American Purebreds and was the owner trainer of a Reserve Grand Champion at the American Royale right there in KCMO. A pillar of his community he supported it through bad times with his generosity and business and contributed to expanding understanding and business throughout.

My paternal Grandfather was also a businessman, pilot veteran and landowner who purchased foreclosed farms and leased them back to the families that had lost them during the depression, only to sell them back to those families at the original price when they were back on their feet.

I like to think I'm following in their footsteps, but only time and other people's opinion will tell. That's why I feel slighted by comments from people who don't know me.

My name is Allen L. Wilson (ALW), and I'm proud of it, have no need to hide behind a moniker, and endeavor to limit my representations to my own opinion rather than suggesting I speak for others.

---------------------------------------------
Every day is a bonus - every night is an adventure.

It's almost Harley season.

I KNEW IT!!!

A Biker....Jeeze...you know what those damn bikers are like!

We had one come through here 'bout ten years back
and hell fire if he didn't knock up BillyBobs little girl Jennny down at the "Suds & Fries"!

Git a rope fellers....we know how to deal with HIS kind!:ph34r:

The Pessimist says: "It can't possibly get any worse!"
The Optimist says: "Sure it can!"

hey there boy, you wanna go out der and milk them cows and when you finished dat you come on in and wash dem der hands coz Momas serving up some fine fried chicken cooked in dem der old style and after dat we is gonna sit round the fire and play some country and talk about old uncle joe biting the head of a rattlesnake one time........yeeeeeeehaaaaaa