ZigZagMarquis

Boogie Blues

>:(

Okay, so maybe this rant belongs in The Bonfire, but it is skydiving related, so I put it here...

Anyway, my home DZ is totally disfunctional when it comes to Boogies...

I don't know if its because:

A) When the place gets more then its normal weekend's amount of up-jumpers and students on the DZ things seem to grind to a crawl... times between loads gets longer and longer... up-jumpers loose interest when its an hour or more between jumps & start crackin' beers early (okay, I'm guilty of that last part myself, but hey! ... its Beer!!! ... and its FREE!!! :$).

... or...

B) Folks organizing past boogies are left with a bad taste in their mouths because of "tension" and "disagreements" during pre-boogie planning meetings and gossip "folks not doing what they said they'd do" post-boogie.

... or...

C) Folks not wanting to help organize a boogie unless they get a cut of the money that everyone is so certain every Drop Zone just rakes in... piles and piles of it every weekend... geeze, yeah, right.

... or...

D) A combination of all of the above...

* sigh *

I go to all these other DZ Web-Sites and see their plan of events for the year and their list of events is orders of magnitude larger then what we do AND their arcive of pictures and videos of folks having fun at past year's events looks soooo cool!

... is there any hope to cure Boogie Disfunctional Syndrome???

:P

Several things work:

Wait for a skydiver turnaround, hopefully the next group will be more involved.

Wait for a new DZO to run things and hope he will be more involved.

Wait for hell to freeze over.

Travel to a DZ that gives a shit about the locals, or at least allows them to bring more jumpers/money to thier DZ.

Ya know, if you really want this to happen, I gotta tell you, its nearly impossible when your in a situation like yours. But if you want to give it the best shot it can have, make it so it doesn't cost the DZ a penny thru registration cost, pitch the plan with it all organized, bring in another plane so things don't get backed up, and pitch it will alot of safety related bullshit in there.

But shit, you've been in the sport a long time, your probably just being rethorical. ;)

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....

Can someone come to Dublin and help me carry all of the money to the bank.:|I'll share. Really!!

Hell NO! My luck, I'd probably get stuck with my name on the loan papers and wind up having to pay installments for the next 10 years.

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

It would help if they updated the website on a regular basis too. That would attract more than just us local jumpers if they offered discounted licensed jumps, load organizing and discounted tandems, etc. and then post it on the website and in the newsletter online.
Livin' the Dream

Yeah, I know. Mostly I was just venting. I'm a little ticked at the place... well, a little ticked a me actually... for allowing myself to be affected by DZ Politics; something I made a blood vow I'd never ever do again... again... or agian, ever... :(

Anyway, why do you have a picture of a friggin' SkyPig as your avitar? PM me with an email for ya and I'll get your some pictures of an aircraft that has 21st Century technolgy... not the best late 60s technology. ;)