Groundbound

Magazines

Thanks,
Which would be best for subjects such as: training, technique, safety tips?

Both of those magazines contain that type of content, though it does tend to be aimed at experienced skydivers instead of students. Both also contain general news. Overall, I think Skydiving is the stronger publication and well worth the cost of the subscription. I'm not positive I'd pay for Parachutist if it wasn't included in my USPA membership, but I guess it's fun to look through for pictures of my friends.

As far as I know, you're not going to find a magazine geared towards students, but there's lots of other reading to be done. This very site contains lots of good articles. See this post for some other reading recommendations. Also if you don't yet have a copy of the Skydivers Information Manual, that's probably the best place to start to learn about training in the US, as most student training programs are based on the Integrated Student Program that is outlined in the SIM. It's available at most DZs or from the USPA site.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke