samyueru

back to the sport

So I've been out of skydiving for about 1 1/2 years and I'm looking to get back in to it...problem is, I'm having a lot of trouble packing my relatively new zero-p canopy...as of right now, I cannot close my container because everything is trash bagged in!
Going to take a packing class this spring to refresh, but to be honest, I never got good at packing up a zero-p, and despite all the help I get, I can never seem to get it down (pretty much it all falls apart when I lay the canopy down and start folding it up)! I hate relying on packers to make my next jump..

Any solid tips?
Thanks
-S

The best thing to really help is practice... I had a helluva time packing my rig for the longest time (fortunately there were usually people around that were willing/able to help complete the final steps.)

Then when had completed about 20-30 Packjobs it just kind of clicked and I knew where to grip the canopy and with what force to get in in the bag...

Good luck, Practice, and don't give up... you'll get it... :P
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I was amazed at how "not perfect" a pack can be and still deliver soft dependable openings or packed meticulously and perfect and slam the shit of the old body.

There are only a few tings that are consistent with good pack jobs then a million little ritualistic nuisances’ people have developed over the years. Learn all you can about it then you will develop your own ritualistic nuisances as time goes by.

Just remember one very important thing, it is important to wipe after going potty or you might get a rash
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

thanks for the encouragement! :)
I've posted about it before, but I think one of the problems may be my d-bag..it's one of those weird split ones and I can't get the canopy in to save my life. I remember last year I spent about 6 hours trying to pack it until I gave up and paid a packer!

next step..wait until it gets warm enough up here in MA for the airplane to come back!