froggish

Anyone know if 16 year olds can jump?

:P
I am trying to find somewhere that allows 16 year olds to skydive. Is there such a place? I told my son when he was 4, as a joke, that I would take him skydiving for his 16th birthday. Well, he has chosen to remember that over the years, and he will be 16 in May. HHEELLPP!!!!!!!!!

If you let us know where you live we might be able to find a dropzone that lets you jump at 16. I'm pretty sure that Raeford NC does, but if you're in Nebraska that doesn't help a whole lot.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Here is a link to a thread where another 16-year-old in Colorado asked the same question.

Most of Oklahoma, El Paso Texas, Lodi Ca, Memphis Tn, Raeford NC are notable places where you can go. Lodi and Memphis are probably the largest operations on that list; Raeford is also large and excellent, but, well, it's farther.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

We actually live in Colorado. I am willing to try to get anywhere in the USA for this. That would be great if you could recommend or find anyplace that does. Thank you SOOOOOO much!!!

You could bring him to SkyVenture Colorado for some tunnel time. Then when he turns 18 he'll be doing so well on his AFF jumps that he'll pass after level one!
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

[.:P]
I am trying to find somewhere that allows 16 year olds to skydive. Is there such a place? I told my son when he was 4, as a joke, that I would take him skydiving for his 16th birthday. Well, he has chosen to remember that over the years, and he will be 16 in May. HHEELLPP!!!!!!!!!

West Tennesse Skydiving, near Memphis, TN, will be happy to have your 16 year old skydive with us. One parent must be present and the other parent, if not present, must give permission.

Mike Mullins
West Tennessee Skydiving
http://www.SkydiveKingAir.com
901-759-3483

Clicky:
www.skyventurecolorado.com (Colorado Indoor Skydiving)

(For the hurried parent that might not know where it is.)

That's if your son makes the jump, likes the sky so much and wants to jump again. Since this is nearby and easier to get to, and cheaper than a tandem jump. (until your son screams "I want AFF, I want AFF, I want AFF") (AFF = Accelerated Free Fall - a "skydiving school program")

Mike Mullins has a really cool airplane for jumping out of (a "King Air" airplane that climbs to altitude really fast) and this airplane is well known among skydivers, so for the sky, that's a good dropzone to go too, as well.

[.:P]

Bring him to Lodi here in Nor Cal. I'll take him with your written consent.

Feel free to IM me for more info.

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

You can come to Skydive Iowa just east of Des Moines. We have a privately owned airport with free camping, hot showers, bunk house rooms for rent, nightly bon fires, BBQ grills and all the trimmings.
My sister from Bailey, CO is bringing her 16 and 17 year old sons and some of their friends out after school get's out. Contact me for details.
[email protected]
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

I am willing to try to get anywhere in the USA for this.

Keep in mind that the weather may not cooperate with your plans. I wouldn't bank a plane ticket and a weekend in another state on being able to make the jump.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Tandems are $100 in Lodi.

PM sent.

Be safe
Ed

Wow! Are you kidding? That sounds pretty cheap! Drop zone wars out west? They're $279 Cdn at Skydive Toronto (right now we have a special -- $30 off, so $249)
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

I wouldn't bank a plane ticket and a weekend in another state on being able to make the jump.

hey there's always dz partys or at least a stripper bar.:ph34r: he's going to let him jump, so some naked chicks can't hurt. Dad would be a hero for sure.B|

~
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo