gweeks

Good Bye Car Keys

B|

that happened to a guy here this past year. his future in-laws had to drive 2 hrs. to bring him his spare set. :DB|

funny thing #2: this was the same guy who lost a shoe in freefall the previous year! he doesn't jump at the dz too much anymore so, everytime he jumps with me, he loses something. i must be bad luck for him. :)
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

One of the guys at my DZ was taking me up on one of my mid-altitude static line jumps. I was going out solo, but he was just gonna do a clear & pull after me to play with his canopy, so he just had jeans and a tshirt on. Well, someone else decided to go, so they went up top.... but his mobile phone was in his jeans pocket. It fell out, and not only did he FIND it, it STILL WORKED :D
cavete terrae.

I did a coulpe tandems in shorts one day and forgot to take my wallet out. A guy came up to the packing area and asked if there was someone named Jeff around. I went over to talk to him and he said "did you lose this" showing me my wallet. I didn't even know I had lost it. He was a pilot and found it sitting on the fueling pad when he went to fuel up his plane. Got to give our pilot props for the good spot.

Same thing happened to me at rantoul of '04 fortunatly is was only the key to my ATV. I found a locksmith in Champaign, gave them the key code and they were able to cut me a couple of new keys. always remember your key code ;)

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

In eloy this year, I saw a dude who lost his rental car keys and had to pay like $600 to get a new set.

I also saw someone lose about $80 last year.

I try not to have too much in my pockets when I jump.

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

In eloy this year, I saw a dude who lost his rental car keys and had to pay like $600 to get a new set.

Ouch. Funny, I paid a $500 insurance deductible because a flying piece of metal hit the car windshield while driving to my FIRST tandem skydive in 1997. That was knocked up into the air from the car in front of me, on the freeway. It's as if something was trying to warn me against trying my First Jump....but I persisted, got another rental car (deductible went ouch anyway) and went ahead anyway. B|

I did lose a shoe at exit. It has never been recovered though. B|

Same thing happened to me at rantoul of '04 fortunatly is was only the key to my ATV. I found a locksmith in Champaign, gave them the key code and they were able to cut me a couple of new keys. always remember your key code ;)

But it was a fun adventure and you earned an awesome RB name. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Thee is a story of a jumper that lost his check book on a jump at out DZ. After that he never put anything in his pockets when jumping

Well, of course he forgot, and after he had landed he was walking up the the packing area, slapped his back pocket and said to the DZO, dam, I lost my check bood again. Seconds later it landed in front of them on the taxi way:o:D

Don't know if it is true but is makes a good tale!!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

The key in that video was to a rental car. I was on vacation in the UK and it was the start of a three day weekend. I had to get the car towed to my apartment an hour away. They couldn't fit it in the garage and the power windows were down so I had to get it towed from the apartment to the nearest impound lot. Then I had to wait three days before I could get a new key from the rental company. But at least it was only $400 :S

when i was out in deland last easter i did alot of jumps in shorts and t-shirt, unfortunately one jump i'd just been down to the 7-11 to get some cigarettes and i took my passport for id..... having to explain to my embassy that i lost my passport 13,00ft above florida made me feel pretty damn stupid.

A friend of mine also lost a shoe in freefall during a memorial jump for Pauline Richards. Another person was driving along one of the main roads and found it and returned it to him!

Also we let roses go high under canopy and one of them landed within 5 metres of the cross ;)

BSBD!! -Mark.

"A Scar is just a Tattoo with a story!!!"

$500 for a windscreen via rental agents insurance?!?!

How much would it have cost to just drive to somewhere and pay cash to get a new one fitted before you returned the car???

I chose insurance with a $500 deductible instead of a $0 deductible. Big mistake for that day. As it turned out, the replacement cost almost $500 when all taxes were included.
:S

I didn't want to cancel my tandem, so I swapped cars at the airport (it was a Sunday), and was back on my way for a tandem -- about 1 or 2 hours later.

Hey it's great that you guys can laugh at the misfortune of losing something in freefall but just a heads-up to be careful of dropping stuff with valuable objects & people below...
At a boogie 6 years ago, I was standing on the apron waiting for the jumpship to land when a Nikon camera lens smashed on the ground 3 to 4 feet behind my uncovered head! Shat my pants!

I've lost around 10 jump tickets, a pull up cord, and maybe more out of a worn out velcro pocket in my old freefly pants. It was fine for a while, but eventually the velcro just wouldn't hold while I was in a sit. I didn't realize it was happening until a few jumps later I saw the orange pull up cord fly out in front of my face and then remembered I had seen the white jump ticket 10 pack fly out the jump before.

A friend of mine lost his keys on a jump when they were in his freefly pants unsecured pocket. I'm usually ok with keeping stuff in my jeans pocket, but now that I've got hip rings it's a little less secure. Fortunately a friend was delivering a pizza to the DZ at the same time as he was looking for his keys so he was able to give him a ride around town while he was getting a new key made.

I also drove up to the DZ right before a tandem student puked all over himself under canopy and it landed on my car and I think hit my girlfriend who was standing next to it.
BASE 1224, Senior Parachute Rigger, CPL ASEL IA, AGI, IGI
USPA Coach & UPT Tandem Instructor, PRO, Altimaster Field Support Representative

Jump #100. I've just landed from the celebratory zoo way on the sunset load, walking in from the landing area getting ready for my beer when I feel something hit the top of my head. Instinctively I reach up and touch it, as I bring my hand back down I disctincly smell Fritos. I look up and about 500 feet up and 500 feet out a tandem student is puking his guts (and fritos) out. Talk about good spotting.