sid

Don's last skydive

This week, the last of Don's (Yahrling) ashes were released over Kay Larkin airport in Palatka, Fl. Don had a long relationship with the airport, having owned Palatka Paracenter at one time, and also instructed and rigged at both dropzones.

Art Shaffer took him on a wingsuit jump ... thanks to Tammie for the pic, and Clear Skies Don......
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

I first met Don at Palatka in the 70s, when he was making jumpsuits in a trailer at the DZ.

He really gave a lot to our sport, and will be missed.

Kevin
======================
Seasons don't fear the Reaper,
nor do the Wind, the Sun, or the Rain...

Thanks for the posting.
We'll miss you Uncle Don

Henry Trammel

it's actually gonna be hard to miss Don in the State of Florida. A small part of his ashes were loaded onto a miniature Viking Boat, which was set on fire and floated down the St. Johns. Mike Johnston released the bulk of his ashes over DeLand on a big way (comment heard from the ground by me..."Wow, that's a LOT of ash from a little guy") and Art did the Birdman release over Palatka.

There's bits'o'Don over 2 or 3 counties......... and probably out in the Atlantic buy now..... bye Buddy! :P
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

There's bits'o'Don over 2 or 3 counties......... and probably out in the Atlantic buy now..... bye Buddy!
Sid,

Cool.

Kudos to ya'll for the bitch'in ash dives.

Blue Skies Don. [:/]

Larry
'In an insane society a sane person seems insane.' Mr. Spock

I only met Don once when he helped out a course I was in and we jumped together as part of the evaluation... And, it still is hard to believe that Don is in that picture... But thanks for posting it...

Don, if you are reading these forums, I still owe you one for spending a day with me one-on-one teaching me... I was planning on buying you a jump when you moved to Colorado like you told us you were going to do... So I will just have to pay it forward to someone else, but in your name, for you...

T.

>You say Don, I think Palatka.

That's where I also met Don, in the Quansa Hut. After that, he seemed to be everywhere I went! I was most surprised when I saw him in Russia. A fine American, in the best sense, and a good friend, willing to help the individual skydiver, whether in the air, or on the ground.
Enjoy the infinite freefall Don.............
Practice random acts of kindness, and senseless beauty...

And, give money for Mr Douglas! www.mrdouglas.org

Don and I go back more than 20 years, some good, some bad. I wouldn't say we were best friends, but we both had a great deal of respect for each other. I was very honored to be able to spread some of his ashes over his old DZ (now mine).

Blue Skies,

Art

Great picture Art! Who was the photographer?

Art may be jumping, so while I'm watching it snow on his behalf....... Tammie took the pic I believe :)
Pete Draper,