packerboy

Z1 size comparison

Anyone know how the size of a Z1 Evo compares to an ArrowDynamics Aviator? I want to order an Evo and currently wear a medium Aviator.

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

very skinny side to side... but have depth front to back, which is why I have a very hard time finding a good helmet. I have been looking for years for a good fitting snowboard helmet. The M Aviator fits well, but not incredibly snug.

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Guest 1010
>very skinny side to side... but have depth front to back, which is why I have a very hard time finding a good helmet.

I have the same problem ... my openface Large size Bonehead Mindwarp Pimpdaddy fits great. But their large and XL fullfaces are all way too small across my nose and chin. (And my head (but not chin) swims in their fullface XL). Tried on several fullface helmets but not the paratec ones yet.

I'm not married to a brand (since Boneheads don't fit), just looking for something of quality that is long in the dimension from the top of my head to my chin.

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

I've got a "racetrack melon" myself (7 5/8 - 7 3/4 long oval) and my XXL Mamba fits well, even unbaked. The chincup is a tiny bit snug (or seems to be - this is my first fullface, so I'm unsure).

I *do* need to bake it the next time I'm home, though....
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I'm long from the back of my head to the tip of my chin, and the Freezr fit well (if you're looking for fullface). The XL Z1 was too short (felt like my chin was jammed in there), and likewise the L Oxygn. An XL Oxygn was OK.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)