adventurechick

New Exits

Yeahhh... the guys actually bought me dinner last week when I hit the palm tree.... my canopy draped very nicely over it... yeah I'll never live it down!!

we have much in common..except 'my' tree was an oak one.. but 2 years later...they all still talk..inlcuding my kids.
IF you are going to be Stupid - you better be tough!

Jumping from a Otter. Climb outside hold the bar & do a back flip off the plane. Just climbing out will freak you out. Do what ever you want in freefall no ones watching try it all. If your not on camera you did it all. LOL. JUST REMEMBER TO PULL AT 6000 on your belly.

I'm jumping my new sabre 170 this weekend. The skies are looking blue. I can't wait. I want to play with my new canopy. Don't you just love skydiving?

I have a nice 210 sabre if anyones looking

wish i could get that sabre, but i think i need a harness before i get a chute.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

As a student. I was trained to pull by 6000. Let me know how your exit went. I'm jumping my New 170 tomorrow. Can't wait. Later Joe:P

a lot of AFFs are down to 4000 by their final level. As a post AFF student, 3000 is permitted, but imo too agressive with a 2500 decision deck.

If he's still on student status, he might not want to try a sit with student gear - that gear isn't necesarilly the best at protecting the pin... a sit might make for a premature opening...

Jesus.

Doing my FJC Saturday and I'm beginning to fear the beer tab will exceed the cost of the class and jump tickets!

Zipp0

I found it easier after I got my license to just buy the school a small dorm-room type fridge. They appreciated it, and it was, in the long run, probably cheaper than my buying beer. :)

Student gear should be able to take a few tumblings. That's what students DO. If you hold a sit for a long time, not such a good idea, because then the velocity goes up. But a sit exit, or any kind of exit, shouldn't be a problem. If it is, you need new student gear!

ciel bleu,
Saskia

By far my favorite exit was jump 16 from an otter. I watched the group in front of me exit and started my count. I walked up to the door and put my left hand on the bar above the door in a "track" stance (similar to someone ready to start a race at a track meet) leaning forward. After 5 I let go of the bar and pushed off with my feet and just went limp and let the wind push me around. I rotated 180deg so I was now back to earth with the plane infront and above me. I saw jumper from the group behind me grab the bar and stick his head out the door and look at me...I cant describe the feeling I got but it was similar to "This is why I do this" Then I tumbled over and finished my jump.

Man I need to jump again.:(