apollard24

Storage

Since the search engine is down I thought maybe someone here would be able to help me...

Where can I look for something to hang my rig on at home when not in use. I have seen them on here in pics. Sorry I dont know the name of them..Thanks for any help!
Breathe out so I can breathe you in...

I have a metal I-Beam post in the middle of my garage... so I bolted pipes to the I-Beam to hold all of my rigs...

See photo... cost me like $12 for all the materials at Home Depot

GraficO
GraficO

"A Mind is a terrible thing to taste."

Thanks for the pic! That was along the lines I was thinking about. I guess I will go to Home Depot and look to see what I can come up with. I was hoping to have some sort of a base without having to screw into any walls since I live in a small condo.
THanks again..:)

I have a metal I-Beam post in the middle of my garage... so I bolted pipes to the I-Beam to hold all of my rigs...

See photo... cost me like $12 for all the materials at Home Depot

GraficO

I thought I once read somewhere that gear manufactures did not recommend the rigs being put on posts like that for long term storage because it distorted the riser covers... Perhaps the radius of the post you put it on might change how the riser covers have to conform to the posts - and thus a larger diameter pipe would have a more shallow angle and thus protect the rig better???

GraficO

I thought I once read somewhere that gear manufactures did not recommend the rigs being put on posts like that for long term storage because it distorted the riser covers... Perhaps the radius of the post you put it on might change how the riser covers have to conform to the posts - and thus a larger diameter pipe would have a more shallow angle and thus protect the rig better???

Thanks for the reply, that gives me something to think about the design or if this is such a good idea.

:)

Yeah I'm a little confused as to why you would WANT to hang your rig for a long time. They're typically hung at the DZ to get them out of the way. Why not just store your rig in a container as aforementioned? I just keep mine in my gear bag in the closet.

"Let the misinterpretation and attacks begin."

This gives me something to think about,.. I guess I never thought that it might be damaging the rig. My rig hangs in the video room at my DZ. Same with pretty much all the other videot's rigs. No one has had a problem yet though.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

on the other side where rigs go most of the time the pipes are wrapped with pipe insulation so it's not as serious of a bend for the riser covers.

Soft, comfy pillows for rigs... lol... that's just sick.[:/]

GraficO
GraficO

"A Mind is a terrible thing to taste."