dropdeded

Who can sign my log book ???

Who is qualified to sign my log book?I usually just ask someone from the same load.I tried a search and couldnt find what Im asking.Is there a rule as to who can sign and who can not sign it ?It seems like its pretty much an honor system thing,I mean if I claim 200 jumps and Im renting a 260 ripcord rig that would raise some eyebrows.

dropdeded
PCSS#26
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Who is qualified to sign my log book?I usually just ask someone from the same load.I tried a search and couldnt find what Im asking.Is there a rule as to who can sign and who can not sign it ?It seems like its pretty much an honor system thing,I mean if I claim 200 jumps and Im renting a 260 ripcord rig that would raise some eyebrows.

dropdeded
PCSS#26

There are no rules. The only real thing that has to be checked when you travel somewhere else is your reserve repack card. A good DZ will have an S&TA look over your logbook or have a chat with you about your experience before they let you manifest.

Your jump number isn't a real good clue at how you skydive, that's why you log your jumps, meet different people, and have buddies sign your logbook. I have refused to jump with several people that have higher jump numbers than me because I've seen their antics and I don't feel comfortable in the air with them.

If all we cared about was jump numbers, I could just put an odometer on my wrist and push the button every time I land and forget the logbook. :P

In the old days it was any licensed jumper who witnessed the jump, or the pilot who flew the load. I'm not sure when it changed, or what it changed to. I'm too lazy to look through the USPA regs for the current state of affairs. Perhaps ask an S&TA or a conference director what consititues evidence for jump numbers these days. I'm approaching my diamond wings and was recently told that they don't all have to be signed (sigh of relief). We used to have signing parties at the bar for people who were getting their wings, and the lagbook had to be all signed up.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

USPA SIM 3-1, paragraph C

sub-paragraph 2: Jumps for license and rating qualfications must be signed by another licensed skydiver, a pilot, or a USPA National or FAI Judge who witnessed the jump.

sub-paragraph 3: Jumps to meet skill requirements must be signed by a USPA Instructor, Instructor Examiner, Safety & Training Advisor, or a member of the USPA Board of Directors.

Mark

Here are some general rules of thumb:

-student jumps or qualifying jumps for USPA license (e.g. 4-point 4-way for "C" license) = USPA or Coach or higher or foreign equivalent.

-jumps that will be looked at in the future to validate currency, license requirements, USPA rating prerequisites, etc. = a USPA licensed skydiver or foreign equivalent.

-jump #1234, where you docked on your mother on her first tandem jump = your mother!

-Hope this helped. I do encourage you to 1) log every jump with all the important stuff 2) if there's no tracking system in your current logbook for the info you want to track, make up your own 3) continue to add up your freefall time and get signatures until you hold every rating that requires those.

:ph34r:

Arrive Safely

John

thanks for that refernce!
I have seen a lot of newer jumpers lately who sign thier own log! basically bc they are doing solos and are afraid to asksomeone to sign the book.

2 things that suck about that!
1-they are jumping alone! WHY?!
2-they aren't being corrected about the logbook signatures!

Ive seen a bunch of visitors who have thier book filled with thier own sig! I, personally, like to get ppl I jump with to sign my book.
My photos

My Videos

I have seen a lot of newer jumpers lately who sign thier own log! basically bc they are doing solos and are afraid to asksomeone to sign the book.

So, did you sign for them and correct them?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

So, did you sign for them and correct them?

Better yet - did you offer to jump with them next time?

well the reasonI saw their book is b/c I jumped with them!;)
I hate seeing solojumpers Unless they WANT TO.
I corrected them too.

I am a freeflyer in need of training but I OFTEN go RW just to jump with some newbie!
like friday for instance. Celeste (form dz.com) is coming here. I have no problem jumping with her. (if I can slow down ) and she is new.

I totally encourage the "fly your friendly skies" atmosphere!

My photos

My Videos

Hi, I was pretty weirded out too, when I went to top floor and everyone else went out before me. I just wanted to work on some solo style stuff(right after my checkout jump) And I was kinda confused about logging my jump for that, since no one really saw it. The pilot can't really say squat, so I just got another licensed guy to do it, and hope he believed me. But I'm not at the point yet where I can BS my jump #'s or my skills and get away with it. So I wasn't worried.

Cheers,

Skydude.
PULL!! or DIE!!

The other things that sucks is that someone is afraid to ask someone to sign the book.

I wonder what kind of comradie is being projected at the DZ....am I being too cynical? Newbies need and want encouragement, eh?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239