AndyMan

Blackwater forms skydiving team

hmm..so if they know you're better then them, they'll hunt you down mid-air and start a FS war campain on your team with guns, RPG and what-not?:D:D

skydive wars! totally new underground discipline

haha.. :)
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no

What a repulsive name! Who remembers that "blackwater" is the final, inevitably fatal stage of malaria when the urine comes out black? Was that intentional? Yuck.

It's also the name of a river in Florida, so-named because of the dark color from the leaching of tannic acid from all the pine trees on the riverbanks around it. You may be assuming too much.

What a repulsive name! Who remembers that "blackwater" is the final, inevitably fatal stage of malaria when the urine comes out black?

Was that intentional? Yuck.

The Blackwater training facility is located in Myock, NC which is as far north as you can go without being in Va. The surrounding area has drainage and irrigation ditches with an incredibly black water in them, which is where I am assuming they may have got the name along with the fact that the man who established the company is a former East coast SEAL.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

What a repulsive name! Who remembers that "blackwater" is the final, inevitably fatal stage of malaria when the urine comes out black?

Was that intentional? Yuck.

In Vietnam the US Navy created a SPEC group to provide the US Navy with the special warfare capabilty they had lacked before. They were unofficially christened the Brown Water Navy.

The Brown Water guys patrolled the rivers, inserted and exfilled folks...ect.

Black is "darker" than brown and the name might just be an addition to that history.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Who knows the names on the team roster?

John~

I posted that same link on the subject a week or so back...following an 'interesting' phone call I received.

I was called by someone claiming to represent the organization...but in fact it was a fishing expedition to see if "I" knew who was on the team, and what they would be doing...?:o

How the heck would I know?
:S

I followed up (couple weeks back) and was told
pretty much what ya would expect....NOTHING!B|;):ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

John, they were published in the May issue of Skydive Mag.

Jerry McCauley, Chris Gay, Dave Richardson, Rusty Vest, and Jeff Cornelius.

Now I have to kill you [:/] sorry man, I will try to make it painless!! I know how low your pain level is!!!

Arvel
BSBD...........Its all about Respect,

USPA#-7062, FB-2197, Outlaw 499

Bring it on, smurf boy . . . :P

I must have missed that list in the mag. Thanks. Out of that list, Rusty is the only one I know. I know of Jerry McCauley, and Chris Gay's name I have heard before. Do you know the background of any of the others? I'm just curious.
Arrive Safely

John

published in the May issue of Skydive Mag.

Jerry McCauley, Chris Gay, Dave Richardson, Rusty Vest, and Jeff Cornelius.

Now I have to kill you [:/] sorry man, I will try to make it painless!! I know how low your pain level is!!!

Arvel

Those were just "code" names. You can't kill over "code" names.

They bring two avaition outfits with 23 aircraft. Do you think one of them is say an all black otter with a tail gunner position?

Jerry McCauley is a retired SEAL, retired Leap Frog and a former member of the (mid-1990s) Perris Valley Ghost Riders canopy formation team. He also worked as a tandem and AFF Instructor at PVSS.

Last time I saw Jerry - was at a PIA Symposium 3 years ago - and he was working for Blackwater.
.... strategic planning or something like that ...

>Last time I saw Jerry - was at a PIA Symposium 3 years ago . . .

Last time I saw him he was selling an old Ghostriders rig (I still have it) and was calling himself "Gerald" instead of "Jerry." For those of you who knew him when he was on Ghostriders, that's quite a change.

>Last time I saw Jerry - was at a PIA Symposium 3 years ago . . .

Last time I saw him he was selling an old Ghostriders rig (I still have it) and was calling himself "Gerald" instead of "Jerry." For those of you who knew him when he was on Ghostriders, that's quite a change.

....more like "Jerome." :ph34r: