SSQ

Pack job fee

Hey, i'm from canada and here it is $5 for a pack job and $10 for a tandem pack job. How much money do you make from a pack jpb in the US....say in California??

I've been packing professionaly for 11 years and mains are still $5 here (although we get $12 for a tandem). I can't think of any other job where it's got progressivly trickier (Zero P canopies in tight little containers) and the pay scale has stayed the same.

You used to be able to get a lap dance for $5, it's $10 now..... I need to charge more!:P
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

I'm used to being charged anywhere from $5 - $7, but I always tip so it's a bit more, and if someone only charges me $5 I pay atleast $7 ... But that's just me. ;)

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

"I can't think of any other job where it's got progressivly trickier (Zero P canopies in tight little containers) and the pay scale has stayed the same."

How `bout musician? $100/night was typical in the 80's -- still true today [:/]

Did the music get trickier (just kiddin') ?
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

I can't think of any other job where it's got progressively trickier (Zero P canopies in tight little containers)

I've got a new Tri 220, and while it's not especially tight in my container, I can tell you that $6 dollars seems really cheap to pack that slippery beast!

So far I've been committed to packing it myself, but I keep thinking that $6 dollars ain't shit, as I'm trying to get that bastard in the bag myself! :P

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

Hey, i'm from canada and here it is $5 for a pack job and $10 for a tandem pack job. How much money do you make from a pack jpb in the US....say in California??

I've been packing professionaly for 11 years and mains are still $5 here (although we get $12 for a tandem). I can't think of any other job where it's got progressivly trickier (Zero P canopies in tight little containers) and the pay scale has stayed the same.

You used to be able to get a lap dance for $5, it's $10 now..... I need to charge more!:P

Dont feel to bad, I was packing rounds and squares as a kid for $.50 each!!:S From the 70's thru the 80's:D

containers) and the pay scale has stayed the same."

How `bout musician? $100/night was typical in the 80's -- still true today [:/]

dude, i see youre in arizona........but here on the east coast, back in the 80's, a popular bar band could gross upwards of 6 g's a night, now its a 5 hundred or so for a regular bar band, more for popular ones. dont think your analogy is quite on target with that one.

If you really think about the pay rate of your avg. packer, say they make $5 per pack, chances are the absolute slowest they will be is 20 min, and if there are enough rigs, that means they are making 15 an hour, thats good pay in realit, esp. for doing something in an atmosphere that you like, likely being younger, no degree etc. and if you are packing tandems, chances are you've got the sport rigs down to 10-12 min, and tadems to no more than 20 min, say 5 for a sport and 10 for a tandem, you have the potential to make 30 to 40 an hour, which is amazing pay no matter who you are.

If you really think about the pay rate of your avg. packer, say they make $5 per pack, chances are the absolute slowest they will be is 20 min, and if there are enough rigs, that means they are making 15 an hour, thats good pay in realit, esp. for doing something in an atmosphere that you like, likely being younger, no degree etc. and if you are packing tandems, chances are you've got the sport rigs down to 10-12 min, and tadems to no more than 20 min, say 5 for a sport and 10 for a tandem, you have the potential to make 30 to 40 an hour, which is amazing pay no matter who you are.

keep in mind that's if you're actually busy
I'm a full time packer and I made 20 dollars last week. So far this week I've made 15... You may only make 6 dollars an hour working at McDonalds but at least you have work when it's rainy/cloudy/windy/slow business/etc.