BrianSGermain

Fear Abatement

I really enjoyed this thread. It was very helpful during my first, oops ;), I mean pre-second season, in the sport. It opened my eyes to a good number of things. It was a pleasure interacting with Brian, and I'm glad he took the time to give such detailed replies, because I know I can be a difficult person to hold a conversation with because of my opinionated and inquisitive mind. :ph34r:

After taking 8 months off, all this has also helped me get started again in my second season too.

I also warmly mention the instuctor who did my recurrency jump. I'm glad I did that, and think it was a very good deal. I actually feel more prepared, in addition to knocking the dust off my skills.

Best regards,

BJW

Hey all.

This is probably the goofiest thing in this thread, but when I first started, and I'd be on take-off, or climbing to altitude, I would sing kiddie songs under my breath. ie. 'row row row your boat' 'twinkle twinkle little star', so on and so forth. Don't hafta do it anymore, but it sure helped when I was just starting out.

Cheers,

Skydude.
PULL!! or DIE!!

Hey all.

This is probably the goofiest thing in this thread, but when I first started, and I'd be on take-off, or climbing to altitude, I would sing kiddie songs under my breath. ie. 'row row row your boat' 'twinkle twinkle little star', so on and so forth.

err... ive seen people doing that when they are going crazy, it usually happens whilst these people are rocking forward and back! lol

Exactly which DZ do you jump? ;)

Mikey
------------------------------------------
Fear Is Weakness Leaving Your Body

Very good stuff. I feel that fear is lack of faith. I won't turn this into something religious, but it is a factor for me. I also believe that training and experience provides faith that we can deal with all situations that arise. Fear can be a bit of a motivator as well. I know from working on airplanes that if I am taking a panel off the top of the plane I am much more careful than if it is on the belly. Same motions, just a little more danger. I am not paralyzed by it just more aware. I also think it is ironic that a sport that works best when we are relaxed, has so many that are completely tense the whole skydive. BREATH!!!