WooHoo

Fastest time to D licence

This is more of a query about the most jumps a newbie to the sport has made in say a year.
I took up skydiving when I was 49 and thought if I could take a year off, and learn all I could and jump frequently, how far would I be able to progress.

I met a couple of folk who straight off AFF packed in their jobs and went to live on or nearby a DZ, one had around 450 in a ten month period. But I am sure their are other who became total converts to the sky and was wondering if anyone ever passed the 1000 jump mark in under a year of making their first jump.

"The older I get....the better I was"

This is more of a query about the most jumps a newbie to the sport has made in say a year.
I took up skydiving when I was 49 and thought if I could take a year off, and learn all I could and jump frequently, how far would I be able to progress.

I met a couple of folk who straight off AFF packed in their jobs and went to live on or nearby a DZ, one had around 450 in a ten month period. But I am sure their are other who became total converts to the sky and was wondering if anyone ever passed the 1000 jump mark in under a year of making their first jump.

"The older I get....the better I was"

I would wager it is probably Yellow dog - he doesn't post much on here though. Bbarnhouse can clue you in to how fast he got there.....

his feet were hardly ever on the ground it seemed.
Scars remind us that the past is real

Some of my Students have gone from FJC t o"D" license in 9 months (with the new 500 jumps standard).

It took me 18 months.

But we jump all week, for our jobs, so it is a big advantage.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

There's a guy that did 500 jumps in one day as part of a charity fundrasier I believe. But you can't get a D license from that;)

(Yes - all low altitude hop n pops - yes, had his own planes, only passenger, dedicated staff, big set of rigs, something like 2 to 3 minutes per jump.)

Still between jobs, or I'd be jumping more than I have now. :|

We had a guy at z-hills about 8 years ago that did around 2000 jumps in his first year.

Was he a instructor or were all those fun jumps?

All fun jumps. No ratings at all.
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

There was one kid at the mom'n'pops NW DZ I learned at. He dropped out of college and made about 1000 in a year, doing 200plus of those at Eloy in a month right of AFF.
I had to leave the sport for five years, because I made the decision to send myself to college.- got a few fixed objects inbetween My graduation is on May 18 B|B|B| though I finished last semester.
When I was young, first jumping before my pause - I was always in a rush to be the first to, this lead to base jumping before I had my UPSA A. Now I recognize we all have all the time in the world to explore this beautiful sport. No need to rush, just need Ground Rush.
Jump when you can, dream when you can't, always be happy for any beauty

blue ones
Penguin
:$

Now I reilazie we all have all the time in the world to exploar this beautiful sport.

unless you lose the cancer lottery and die at 30.

Not that I view the D license as a goal to race to. The experience and skill that come with those 500+ jumps is the target.

I did 472 jumps my first year. That was with taking 12 hours of classes and working about 35 hours a week. Also my home DZ was a single cessna DZ at the time. I got my D in about 6 months, but you only needed 200 jumps at the time. You could easily do 1000 in a year if you had the time, motivation and MONEY.