bigway

weird skydiving tatoos

If I did that, I would have eight closing pins on my body!

And I'd have 18...:o What starts out as a good idea may not stay that way. I'm waiting till I know skydiving's really important to me before I get a tat.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

4000+ jumps, 19 years and 18 reserve rides, yeah i would wait a few more years before you decide if skydiving is important to you or not. damn 18 reserve rides i have never met anyone with so many!
alot of people do 1000 jumps a year, thats 4 and a half reserve rides a year, not so sure i could handle that.
Keep your rigger alive and never cross him, he sounds like a great friend...maybe he fancies you;)

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Your rigger must lov you!!! i take it there spread over the full 19 years????? And i think you've got the right to get a tat if you want one!! god i was only 3 when you started jumping!!:o
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large Groups!!

If I remember correctly I had about 200 jumps when I got my ink done. That was a while back so I can't remember exactly, I know it was in the spring of 2002, so it had to have been between 100 and 200 jumps.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

damn 18 reserve rides i have never met anyone with so many!

Do CReW, and Tandem with borrowed gear, in Africa.

14 chops are CRW or Tandem related out of 1500 dives. The other 4 are from the remaining 2800 dives, 2 on borrowed gear, 2 on my own, that needed a reline really bad - but I could only afford to do it one line at a time - at the time.;)

t

the only time you beat gravity, you can't come back to brag about it.

What the hell does that mean????? if you are freefalling, that is cause of gravity. if you bounce, that is gravity(and no chute).
where do you get your quote from? cause i can not make sense of it.
please enlighten me.
how can you beat gravity>
do you not mean. When gravity takes over you cant come back and feel stupid?

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Aggie? Plummet (man, this is foul!!!!!! I love you already!!)? How many jumps before you got them?

I just got mine last month. I had 957 at the time. My wife bought it for me on the 10th anniversary of my first jump.
-Jeff.
http://www.iplummet.com

Common sense and common courtesy are NOT common.

the only time you beat gravity, you can't come back to brag about it.

What the hell does that mean????? if you are freefalling, that is cause of gravity. if you bounce, that is gravity(and no chute).
where do you get your quote from? cause i can not make sense of it.
please enlighten me.
how can you beat gravity>
do you not mean. When gravity takes over you cant come back and feel stupid?

I think he means floating off. At least that is what I got out of it.

Greenie in training.

If I did that, I would have eight closing pins on my body!

And I'd have 18...:o What starts out as a good idea may not stay that way. I'm waiting till I know skydiving's really important to me before I get a tat.

t

you'd have a beautiful necklace, T...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

?

I think he means floating off. At least that is what I got out of it.

yea thats exactly what it is, i got the phrase from an old friend who works for BA running commercial flights and just really liked it.
Never thought it was that obscure??
But if i'm going to end up explaining it every time then will just change it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large Groups!!

you'd have a beautiful necklace, T...

I did that for a while. 1 closing pin for each 1000 dives I had. Straight pin for the 1000 on pull-outs and curved one's for the rest.. but at 3000 - it started to jangle a bit - and another jumper started doing it for every 100 jumps - so I stopped when I saw 40 closing pins on a single pull-up in a riggers loft. It made me sick - like seeing 500 lbs of potato salad..:o

t

OK, so here is mine. Logo of the Red Devils, an elite British Skydiving team. I have no connection to them, just really like the logo. I have since met a couple of them. They didn't think it was wrong for me to have it... the actually thought it was pretty cool.

Blue 111-
Jeff

The Freds are an ELITE skydiving team, now that is funny.

Every one knows the Black Knights are THE display team in the UK and the logo is much better.

Have you ever jumped in the UK? I reckon that tat would be the source of much ribbing if you jumped at Nethers, Weston , Hinton, Sibson or pretty much any other.

Buzz

Tongue firmly in cheek
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

But i'm scared of needles so that won't be any time soon :ph34r:

I'm scared of needles as well and have 5 tattoos. The equipment used for tattoos - you don't see the needle.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

I just got mine last month. I had 957 at the time. My wife bought it for me on the 10th anniversary of my first jump.

I was thinking of using the same excuse (next year) for a skydiving tat. I've got a couple ideas, but both will require someone with knowledge of both skydiving and tattoo art to draw them up for me first, as they're fairly complex and I have zero artistic ability.

BTW - Your's rocks...a BOC pilot chute on your ass. That's great!

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I didn't get my tattoo for skydiving, but I figure it is pretty appropriate for a skydiver. I have a four leaf clover on my back. Since I'm just starting out I'll definitely wait before getting one that is more related to skydiving. But all skydivers should get the four leaf clover - brings you luck!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, and loudly proclaiming, Wow…what a ride!

I've got a couple ideas, but both will require someone with knowledge of both skydiving and tattoo art to draw them up for me first, as they're fairly complex and I have zero artistic ability.

Mine was done by someone who had never seen a chute before. I took pictures of pilot chute, my wife converted them to line drawings. The artist took those and drew up an idea. When I was having it done, I took the pilot chute in with me and he looked at that for reference.
-Jeff.

The first thing that came to mind when I looked your tattoo is that it looked like you were defecating a d-bag and your chute.:S:D
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

The first thing that came to mind when I looked your tattoo is that it looked like you were defecating a d-bag and your chute.

Of course, the picture is taken out of context. And of course, no one wants to see the context. :P
-Jeff.