bigway

weird skydiving tatoos

well you must be interested as you opened the post. I am just interested if anyone has seen some strange, crazy, or just plain stupid skydiving tatoos. I ask cause i have just seen this guy who is 21 and done 3 levels off aff. he came in with a massive tatoo on the his lower back....in HUGE block lettering it says..."SKYJUMPER". he really likes it and i am glad for him, i just hopes he passes AFF and keeps to it.
I am probably going to get flamed by some peole for this post but, i just want a light hearted response.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

yeah that would be a pretty sweet idea, maybe you will not even get a chain of them around your arm, maybe you will just never end up getting a tatoo. shit i like that idea. i will see you again in 30 years and see who hasnt been able to link it around the arm. damn the more i think about it, that would be a really sweet reminder of life.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I've thought about getting a closing pin tat for every cutaway I live though, but we'll see.

that's a nice idea. yeah, like he said, you might never have a tatoo then, or maybe a whole bunch of them.
If you desperately want a tatoo, go do some CReW :P might happen faster...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

About 6 years ago, there was a guy who had about 50 jumps at our dz....

Well one day, he shows up with a tatoo that covers his entire right forearm, from his elbow to his wrist, that says simply, "SKYDIVE".

About a month after he got the tatoo he got hurt attempting to swoop his canopy by turning onto final. This was not an accidental low turn, this was a skydiver with about 50 jumps attempting something he had repeatedly been told he was not ready to do. Fortunately, despite constant complaining, he had not been allowed to downsize and his injury was very minimal.

I haven't seen him since. Every now and then, I wonder where he is and what lame explanation he is giving to folks at his local watering hole. He probably tells them about how he's a skydiver and he's been jumping for years....yada yada yada

Methane Freefly - got stink?

oh yeah, that dude with with thousands of jumps and sponsorship from javelin?? The one who was the stuntman in the movie point break? you know the guy who jumped without the parachute. yeah i have met him a few times, and the korean 4 way coach who fhad his cypres fire at our dz. The one who all the sudden could not speak english!, i have met both those guys.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

About 6 years ago, there was a guy who had about 50 jumps at our dz....

Well one day, he shows up with a tatoo that covers his entire right forearm, from his elbow to his wrist, that says simply, "SKYDIVE".

About a month after he got the tatoo he got hurt attempting to swoop his canopy by turning onto final. This was not an accidental low turn, this was a skydiver with about 50 jumps attempting something he had repeatedly been told he was not ready to do. Fortunately, despite constant complaining, he had not been allowed to downsize and his injury was very minimal.

I haven't seen him since. Every now and then, I wonder where he is and what lame explanation he is giving to folks at his local watering hole. He probably tells them about how he's a skydiver and he's been jumping for years....yada yada yada

Precisely the reason why I waited until I was in the sport a few years (ten) to make sure I was going to stick with it before I got the tatt.

And in a few years, the only people who will know I have it is the nurses at the home.
-Jeff.
http://www.iplummet.com

Common sense and common courtesy are NOT common.

while you're at it, why not get a tatoo of an airbag for everytime one of those has saved you in a car accident? B|

nah, just couldn't resist.

it does sound like a cool idea. and the idea of chaining them all up..I like that too

PcCoder.net

Is it me, or do people ALWAYS get "skydiving" tats before they reach the 100 jump plateau?
Aggie? Plummet (man, this is foul!!!!!! I love you already!!)? How many jumps before you got them?

N.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

I've only been on the sport for a few months (Not far off CAT 8 ) (I hope )!!!
Have always wanted a tat but wouldn't dream off getting a skydivin one for a long long time.
Have to say the idea of a flag patterned canopy sound cool!!
But come on guys the only flag it could ever be is the Scottish lion rampent!!!!:ph34r::P
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large Groups!!

OK, so here is mine. Logo of the Red Devils, an elite British Skydiving team. I have no connection to them, just really like the logo. I have since met a couple of them. They didn't think it was wrong for me to have it... the actually thought it was pretty cool.

Blue 111-
Jeff

"When I die, I want to go like my grandmother, who died peacefully in her sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in her car."