WooHoo

Exit Counts. A competition may be in order!

I have nly been jumping for a year and have jumped in Spain, Eloy and the UK and noticed that Ready Set GO, is the most common and probably most universally accepted standard for making a clean exit. Some folk are taught as AFF student to swing the leg out, then in then out, at the same time shouting "Out In Out" befoer exiting, (well I was anyway) Also as AFF you may be taught "Check In, Check Out, Up, Down, Exit.

These are all good very practical and follow a sequence that avoids confusionand mistimed exits.

When I did my first static line canopy jumps in 1976, the freefall folk seemed to have a variety of exit counts, my favourite was "One Banana Two banana Three Banana Four Five Banana Six Banana Get out the F**king Door". Obviously I never got past my second jump so never got to skydive with that generation.

I would be interested in other exit counts/chants, and would also like to propose a competition to create a fun new count.

The only rule is it must last no more than six second.

"The older I get the better I was"

Personally, i don't know anyone that really uses verbal counts. Not much of anyone can hear them anyway. All counts are through motion. Shake, down, out!
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

Personally, i don't know anyone that really uses verbal counts. Not much of anyone can hear them anyway. All counts are through motion. Shake, down, out!

You're right, all exit counts should be acompanied by motion and silent counts work really well, but everyone needs to know its going to be a silent count... anyway... but if you sound off like you got a pair, the pilot should hear your verbal count too.

;)
:P
:ph34r:
:D

When I did my first static line canopy jumps in 1976..

Mine was in '77 and the count was GO!

JM told us, "When I say GO, you go or I'll put my foot in your ass and kick you out."

And you know, he wasn't lying. I saw a good ol' boot-in-the-ass more than once...fortunately none were in mine.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Up-Down-Out is common here.

Ready-Set-Go is also common.

I don't do 3-2-1-seeya which is also common, as I'm no freefly freak.

I've been part of a botched exit count for a 20-way jump. B| B| B| Not by me, though.

I think a good exit count contains 3 clear steps. I don't like Out-In-Out, because the botched exit count was In-Out-In (arm swinging, not leg swinging). So I prefer 3 distinctive words and/or 3 distinctive motions if possible. I don't care if you have 1000 jumps, but that was a waste of a perfectly good jump ticket. :P