NewGuy2005

Need better leg control

Anyone have any tricks for fixing this?

Yup. Talk to your instructors.

They should be able to do some neutral body position drills with you on the ground to help build the muscle memory/muscle awareness that is needed to properly fly in a neutral body position. Then you can go home and practice infront of a mirror on the floor.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I had a leg problem for a few jumps just do toe taps right out the door. At least that is what worked for me. You might even impress your coaches because of your new found leg awareness ;) Also try not to keep your legs too wide. My instructors/coaches told me it is easier to arch if you keep your legs about shoulderwidth apart.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

As Dave said "Talk to your instructors"! They know you and your flying. Ask them if toe taps might help you. At your level this seems to be a very common problem,but, PLEASE ASK YOUR INSTRUCTORS!!
----------------------------------------------
"Thats not smoke, thats BUCKEYE!!"
AQR#3,CWR#49

I should have thrown that in there too. You instructors have actually seen you in free fall, so they are a better judge to how you should fix the problem. Also if one of your instructors happens to jump camera ask him to bring it up so you can get a video debrief. A video debrreifing is a valuble tool.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Good call! Vidio is such a great tool! I knew I missed something. I don't care if you have 1 jump or 1000, vidio is a great learning aid! I always have my camera on whene I'm with students. If they have a tape w/ them I'll gladly copy it for them. Let them see what thy felt!
----------------------------------------------
"Thats not smoke, thats BUCKEYE!!"
AQR#3,CWR#49

You say, "By the 3rd one, my legs were all over the place."

Maybe you were tired.

A good body position means you are engaging the hips and legs throughout the skydive. That position takes time before it feels natural.

Try two a day for now until you become accustomed to freefall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Try jumping without socks.
The wind blowing past your bare ankles will tell you a lot about leg position.
Later - after you have more than 50 stand-up landings - try jumping in sandals. The wind blowing on the tops of your feet will tell you even more.