skykittykat

Who Are Your Skydiving Heroes/Mentors?

Those that give back more to the sport than they take.

Those that help the sport progress and have the courage to do so despite those that mock them.

Those that don't feel they deserve sponsorship just because they have 100 jumps.

Those that don't look at other jumpers as a way to jump for free.

Those that will just go out and fall flat/stable for the newbies and never think of charging them a coach fee.

Those that don't care if they become a name in the sport.

Those that don't let competition and ego rule their destiny in the sport.

Those that never forget they are always a student, even after 50 years.

The ones that never forget that they are all fun jumps.

I like, very well put.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Al Krueger, taught me that thinking during freefall was the key to skydiving...things got a hell of a lot easier after that....

Craig Fronk......

W.H.O........the party animal from hell......;)
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

Tom Piras
Gus Wing
Lukas Knuttson
Phillipe Vallout
Patrick DeGuayardon
Scotty Carbone
Billy Weber
Sally Wenner
Roz Tomkins
Mike "Maddog" Maguire
Amy Chemeleki
Jacques Istel
Lew Sanborn
Leonardo DaVinci
Steve Snyder
Domina Jalbert
Jack Jeffries
Norman Kent
Deanna Kent
Mike "Michigan" Sandberg
and a ton I'm snoozing on right now

I'm a part of the newer generation that saw The Freefly Clowns and vids like Crosswind when i started jumping so my heroes are guys like Eli Thompson, Fritz Pfnur, Norman Kent, Mike Swanson, Alaska Jon, Loic and a few others.

Coaching with and meeting a lot of them was a kick in the head when i was in the US last year. Of course i will always owe Tonto the greatest debt of gratitude for his time and mentorship here at home.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Hmmm,who are my skydiving heroes/mentors?

well, even though I only have 30 jumps so far, I have been in the sport for 4 years,so I would have to give credit to my ex-boyfriend for showing me the "free" part of freeflying and taking time to answer all my skydiving questions. Also, my rigger and AFF Instructor Spanky, who is always there to help me get in the air, answer my questions and he's given me such great advice for improving my freefalling skills.
Also, JC Colclasure and other members of the Pro Swoop Tour, I've seen such awesome footage of what they do and it's so inspiring.

I think that's about it for now, I'll be adding to the list as my jump numbers go up.;)

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

I started long ago.. and my Instructor Tom Manning had this hippie looking friend who was pretty cool.... Bill Booth.

When I got stationed up north in Ohio.. you just HAD to look up to the BOSS. Jim West...I hear he is still running a very class act there in Ohio.

Sgt. 1st Class Pedro Munoz

SFC Munoz, 47, died Jan. 2 from wounds suffered during offensive combat operations in Afghanistan’s Herat province. He was an intelligence sergeant assigned to 1st Battalion, 7th Special Forces Group.
Munoz was everything a Special Forces soldier is supposed to be. At 47, he could outrun men half his age. He was an accomplished combat sky diver with 4,000 high-altitude parachute jumps under his belt. He was also a former member of the US Army Golden Knights.

This is an abreviated list as the complete one would be huge, but here goes

The VMAX girls
Omar Alhegelan
Chris Fiala
Chris Lynch
Rob Silver

Specifically Sarah Laughton from VMAX did my AFF ground school and took me on my first jump!

Among others and in no particular order:

Bill Booth: For asking me to build the first wonderhogs and for helping me to learn how to "think outside the box." And of course for all that he has done for the sport.

Roger Nelson: Because he was my friend. For introducing me to "pre-stars" (when they were being invented) and later writing about it in Pat Works "United We Fall" book (and not telling me). For being able to do anything in free fall that he chose to try. I knew Roger for more than 30 years...

Carl Nelson: Because he was my friend. For taking great pictures and when showing them to everyone at whatever meet we were at, pointing out who was flying well (those that weren't just had to compare how they looked to those he was pointing out).

Jim Hooper: For having me on his 10 way team (Ten High) and moving me to a flyer position (9th) where I had to learn to go fast or be passed by Steve Fugleburg (10th).

Tony "Frit" Patterson: For having such a great time at everything he did and excelling at it. For treating me like an equal when he was so much more advanced and considered a "sky god."

Jeff Searles: For forcing me to think about malfunctions seriously before I had one. Because of him, I did two intentional cutaways before I needed to do one for real. Also, for helping me get my riggers license and hiring me as Z-Hills rigger.

Bill Buchman: For hiring me to build his rigs. For taking me on a journey to Illinois to jump for a summer. For being the best Loadstar jump pilot anywhere. This guy is still flying jumpers at Deland!

Scotty Carbone: What can you say about Scotty. Excellent jumper, great with the women, generally fun to be around. Hadn't seen Scotty in 25 years until a couple of months ago when I dropped by the Keys Boogie in Marathon Key. We had a great reunion, the guy is still terrific!

Roger Ponse: Roger was organizing loads in Z-Hills and Deland in the mid '70s. He's still organizing loads today! Can anyone do it better?

Dan Steiger: For showing me how to relax on my static line exits thereby allowing me to finish my static line course. His method of student exit was adopted by Z-Hills because of this experience and Jim Hooper listening and realizing it was a superior method.

I'm sure there are others, but these stand out in my mind.

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

Alot are not with us anymore or don't jump any more.I could spend all day listing them.I have been to most of the DZ'S around the country.Have met some extremely smart people.Have listened to what they had to say.Sometimes even get to put my 2 cents in.(lol)It is better to listen!Have fun,land safe.