packerboy

Customer Service

Who have you got amazing good and bad customer service stories from in this sport and why?

I'm not going to list my reasons because I am short for time right now but here are my favourite peeps.

Good:

Theresa @ Unfeathered (amazing customer service)

Lara @ Alti-2 (again, super nice amazing service)

Bad:

Kurupee suits - (poor product twice - maybe an anomoly.. don't care to try again - I have seen other nice Kurupee suits. Mine sucked - both of them)

Para-Gear - shitty post sale service on faulty product.

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Good:

Art at The Skydive Store

Ward who use to work for Mirage

Bad:

That darn weather guy that keeps saying ,"Tomorrow looks sunny with some winds from the south (end up being 20mph winds gusting to 30.) I hate that guy.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

Kurupee suits - (poor product twice - maybe an anomoly.. don't care to try again - I have seen other nice Kurupee suits. Mine sucked - both of them)

Have you contacted them and let tham know that there were issues in the quality of thier product when compared to others you have seen? Perhaps they would be willing to make it right?

B|awesome: tress and everyone else at vse (infinity rig), brian germain at big air sportz (lotus canopy), mike at michigan suits (comp rw suit). they all got me stylin' and smilin'.

:)
[unsure]jury's out: i won't say because the issue is still ongoing.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

I'm 9 weeks into waiting for a helmet with an 8-week delivery :(. I'm told it'll be 12 after all...

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Alti-2 for 2 reasons:

1) Free testing of altimeters and replacements of lenses, wrist straps, etc. at boogies.

2) Going "above and beyond" when repairing or replacing altimeters, even when they are out of warranty.
There are battered women? I've been eating 'em plain all of these years...

I'm 9 weeks into waiting for a helmet with an 8-week delivery :(. I'm told it'll be 12 after all...

Wendy W.

I had that once, got tired of waiting after 18 weeks and canceled the order.

j
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Yes I did.

My first suit was all wrong, options and fit + zipper broke immediately.

I contacted them and waited another few weeks for a free suit. Very nice of them.

Options wrong again and fit all wrong again and broken zipper within a few jumps.

They gave me a free suit. I couldn't exactly ask for anything more, and I was frustrated with the poor quality, so I didn't bother them again.

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

You're right, it wasn't free, I just got 2 bad suits for the price of one.

It's too dirty and smelly now, I've just gotten used to the ill fit and having it open during freefall alot. Come to think of it, it probably affects my flying alot when that happens... [:/]

I was going to just buy from another supplier. but something always comes up... rig, helmet, (thanks T!) camera, pilot chute & bridle, AAD, jumps, beer, Neptune, second Neptune (thanks Lara!)... honestly I just didn't want the hassle of going through waiting for something I wasn't sure of the quality of for the 3rd time. The suits are cheap, and I got what I paid for. :S

I assume that you are buddies or a rep or something? Sorry, I just call'em as I see'em. What I found odd is that on both suits they neglected to put their logo on them which I specifically asked for ( I think their logo is really cool) perhaps they knew the quality before they sent them and didn't want to advertise on that specific suit. :S

Both where measured for by a rigger, one is now a Master Rigger who works in the parachute building industry, the other also a very very skilled rigger who does measurements for almost all suit orders from our dropzone. Which consequently, had a few people wanting to order Kurupee because of the price and ended up buying Freak'n Suits or Tony Suits instead after seeing mine. That being said, I have seen at least one other Kurupee suit that was nice.. but the person had bought it second hand and knew it fit before buying it and I think the zipper had been replaced on that one. (not 100% sure)

Great. Beezy shaw at hiper/nitro. had a cutaway, lines burned replaced for nothing. I ordered a canopy from him. He gave me a demo until my canopy was ready. Great service. If you have any problems whatsoever he will take care of it. He is very proffesional.
Another good one is Kolla from PD. She knows her shit and goes out of her way to help you
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

PD - called me with findings on my canopy when I sent it in for a reline. Work was done very professionally and in a timely manner. My recent experience with their demo program just rocked also.

Mirage Systems - made sure my G4 rig's colors were right and also made a harness adjustment on the unysin harness when I took it back while I was in Florida.

Yuki at Ouragon Suits - For the cool shorts she made for me when I gave her the colors and told her to use her imagination on the trim design. The design came out pretty cool and the shorts fit perfect to.

And of course Bonnie (GravityGirl) for getting me my Mirage.

Chris

Ditto on the Velocity service. Kelly did some minor modifications on my rig, which isn't even an Infinity, for a *very* fair price and with really great turnaround.

He's really laid the groundwork for me to be a Velocity customer when I am in the market for new gear. :)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Good - Kim at PD
Good - Kristen at Griffin Rigging
Outstanding - Mads at L&B - Customer service so good, when my ProTrack quit working I bought another L&B product.
Good - Ward H. but don't I said so.

Abysmal - Birdman (the company not their dealers)

---------------------------------------------
Every day is a bonus - every night is an adventure.

Good:
Brenda @ Rigging Innovations
Art @ The Skydive Store
Linda @ Bonehead Composites
Mike @ Michigan Suits

Ditto for Linda. She is awesome on the phone, knows her stuff, and was a sympathetic ear about a lost helmet. She had several great ideas for options and costs.
Other good for me...
Isaiah and Ward at Performace Design

Bad customer service...
Sunpath. Unreturned phone calls, unreturned email, and finally got an apology with a promise of an answer within 48 hours.
That was nearly 3 weeks ago.

Great - Sonic and Donna at the Ranch Pro Shop. From my first day jumping, they have done everything they could to help. Answer stupid questions, answer difficult questions, provide shelter in the shop when I bring the rain. Their prices are good and they are great people.

Bad - none so far.

The only time you should look down on someone is when you are offering them your hand.

I can't say that I have gotten bad service from anyone. I'm still new to the sport though!

Good experiences with:

Art @ Skydivestore (he'd kick my ass if I said otherwise LOL)

Ward @ Mirage

Mads @ L&b

Everyone @ Rigging Adventures
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

http://www.myspace.com/jump_land_pack_repeat

Huge props to:

RWS - they adjusted my harness for me because it just never fit right from day one, even after I gained weight, and even after quite some time went by. (Never got around to "officially" thanking you guys! Thanks Rosi, Mark, Louie, Pablo, & Mike. Your chocolate is in the mail. ;)) Thanks Louie for the save!

Aero Tech - Terry and company fixed me up on many occasions, from my FF pants to various BirdMan adjustments. I worship the ground these people walk on to this day! :)

Alti2 - They were very accommodating in helping me pick a sweet Alti. The "receptionist" is pretty nice, too. Hee, hee! Sorry Lara, couldn't resist!

Skydive DeLand - made me feel like family from day one (as a tandem), they are soooo professional, and I am proud to call it home! I learn something new every day from these people! I've even learned how to catch an alligator (should I ever find myself in such a need) thanks to Rusty!

PD - can't say enough - from LBPD (life before PD) and LWFPD (life working for PD). B| What a kick-ass group of people who truly care about skydivers!

Bad:

PD - The demo coordinator at PD is mean. She won't let me have a Katana! :P And I heard she writes really long posts!

Kim
Watch as I attempt, with no slight of hand, to apply logic and reason.