Skyliber

How long did you wait...

everone's answer on this one is going to be different. It all depends on how quickly you pick up on things. By jump 30 I was trying to do some sit flying, by jump 90 I was sitting pretty good and doing really well with RW. But I also spent the better portion of my days when I was still in school on a drop zone (I lived on one) and picked up on alot of the conversation between other jumpers on how to fly your body and not let it fly you. Once you have that down and can fly without thinking about how to do it then you're ready to try something else. ;)

None some or all of this could be just my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, feel free to bite me!!!:)
Blue SkiesBlack DeathFacebook
www.PLabsInc.com
www.SkydiveDeLand.com
www.FlyteSkool.ws

That's a pretty vague question. If we're talking about the basics - a freefly suit vs. an RW suit, for example - that all depends on what you'll be doing and your fall-rate. You won't find many [if any] coaches or instructors that recommend anything but RW to start... so maybe a RW suit would be in order. That's something to talk about your instructors with, particularly once you're out of AFF.

If you're talking about more advanced suits/stuff - serious tracking suits, wingsuits, camera suits, etc. - 200 jumps is a fairly accepted number... if a little on the low side.

New additional things? That's equally vague. Flying a camera, for example? At least 200 jumps. Maybe bringing objects along in freefall? Talk to your instructors, the S&TA, etc. It's very easy to want to get ahead of yourself in this sport.

But don't take my word for it, please. 70-odd jumps may seem like a lot when you're in AFF, but it's really a trivial number. Talk to people with more experience, particularly your instructors.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

The question is meant to be vague. Just wanted some general input on the question. Some people will have different opionions and answers, I know.

I just like input. I'll be talking to my instructor on Sunday, providing that the weather is good. We've been having some crazy weather over here in New York City and Long Island.

But, thanks for your input.

-=+ Skyliber, Disynthegrate, & Nucleaire +=-

It's a little too vague. Some things like a new altimeter, jumpsuit or doing a new type of exit aren't that big a deal. Just don't change multiple things at once.

Other things like learning to freefly, wearing a wingsuit, or jumping a camera are much bigger deals and may require 50, 200 or 400 jumps before attempting.