weegegirl

Favorite one-liners or routine for tandem interviews.

"I just want you to know... whatever happens to you two, I'm going to be okay."

No, that's not my favorite. Just one that I hear a lot.

It's the end of the season for many and I'm really getting tired of the same ol' lines for my interviews. Hook me up with some new material! B| What is everyone's favorite line?

It's the end of the season for many and I'm really getting tired of the same ol' lines for my interviews. Hook me up with some new material! B| What is everyone's favorite line?

After the interview in the plane:

"Aright.. are you ready? The next step is the big one.. I'll see YOU..... on the outside.. "

ha ha.. Actually that is probably the cheesiest one I've heard.. I just throw different things in there, depending on the customer.. how active they are..

A couple of corny stuff me and our TMs do, but a few have written in my log book it helped them relax.

VIDIOT: Did you know Mel (TM) is the on narcoleptic tandem master in the world. (he's snoring)

VIDIOT: If you see my eyes get real big, pinch him and wake him up, it is pull time!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TM: Steve, did you take all your pills this morning?
VIDIOT: Nah, I forgot

TM: That's okay, I took enough for both of us!
VIDIOT: I'll take twice as many tomorrow to cover you!
TM: (to student) What are friends for?

As the TM on the other side of the video, when a couple of videographers ask me on camera how I am feeling. I tell them "I got a bad feeling about this jump". When they laugh, I say "don't laugh, the bad feeling I have is about your jump, not mine.":o

That usually gets my students to smile.

--
My other ride is a RESERVE.

I never really scare any one. And it always depends on the person. It's not like I'm going to scare the crap out of grandma or something. :D And if the person I'm interviewing has no personality at all, I usually just stumble through asking them how they feel, how high we are, and are they ready to make a skydive. Then I turn and puke. But most of our tandem students are fun and I think they enjoy the joking around. :P

Funny stuff. I wonder if any of that has effect on people's thoughts to come back and continue.

I have often wondered about that!

Remembering my own first Tandem, I don't think anything would have kept me from coming back, but then again, I was so embarassed by my boyfriends continuous foto-klicking, I hardly remember what my TM said...B|

Chronistin
(Home @ http://www.fallschirmspringer.net/)

"Hey ________, what does your altimeter say?"
"Uh, 7k."
"Are you OK? Altimeters don't talk."

"I think you're in for a good ride, you're going with one of the best TM's in the world."
(Pan camera to TM inspecting other student, then pan back to student's TM)
"Uh, well you have a pretty good TM."

(For 18-30 yr-old group who you figure have seen Team America. Otherwise who cares if they don't get it.)
"Ok, now tell me, what's the signal for if you're in trouble."
(Wave hands in air with mouth open.)
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

(For 18-30 yr-old group who you figure have seen Team America. Otherwise who cares if they don't get it.)
"Ok, now tell me, what's the signal for if you're in trouble."
(Wave hands in air with mouth open.)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha!
I'll have to remember that one.:P

All these are for the video:
With a female customer, when BF/Husband is within earshot: "So, who's the most important man in your life?"

With a nervous customer: "Whatever happens to you happens to me 1/100th of a second later, and I take real good care of me?"

"If I do real good one this one, they'll let me go by myself tomorrow."

"Don't leave the plane without me"
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

We call him Allstate....you're in good hands.
(Doesn't matter who the TM is.)

He didn't learn from the best...he teaches the best.

He takes the worry out of being close.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

On my first tandem, with a bunch of friends also doing their first, at about 9k one TM asks another TM
"hey bill, you get that problem fixed at the doctors office the other day?"
"yeah, it turned out that I had mixed up my medication"
"really, how so"
"well, I was taking 2 every 8hrs, now I am taking 8 every 2hrs and everything is great, mannnnn"

Then back again on my third tandem, I bring my wife and her sister along for their first. I let the sister-in-law's TM get her up on her knees and snap 2 or 3 of the four snaps and yell back at him, as I am closer to the door,
"Hey Martin, you should know that she has a weak bladder"
You should have saw his face, and everyone on the load could not believe that a student had got back at a TM...........priceless

When I was doing my second or third aff, on the ride up my instructor was going over hand signals.

A videographer for some tandem goes "What does this mean:" then flips me off and then makes a W with his hands.

I'm like, uhh no clue

"Fuck you, you signed the wavier"
:D:D:D

After the interview in the plane:

"Aright.. are you ready? The next step is the big one.. I'll see YOU..... on the outside.. "

ha ha.. Actually that is probably the cheesiest one I've heard.. I just throw different things in there, depending on the customer.. how active they are..

geez iwan way to make jim's head bigger than it already is.