par

Line twists

I had exactly the same problem earlier this year. What I did "wrong" was that I didn't leave enough of the lines loose in the container, I often used one rubber band too much. (heh, not easy to to explain in a foreign language)

I had linetwists on every fifth jump or so.. Haven't had it in the last 15...

You were just given one packing issue, stowing the lines - or in this case, too much of them.

What else can cause line twists - uneven inflation of the canopy (which possibly could be the result of packing), body position, harness fit, the list goes on. If you can get someone to video your openings that would be helpful.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

1. Are the stows symettrical,
2. Are the bands the same tightness.
3. Are the risers even when placed in the main pack tray.
4. Is the suspension line slack tucked at the bottom of the reserve tray or is it at a 45 degree angle down from the reserve tray sides into the pack tray.
5. Are you a) placing your D bag in the container and rolling it so the suspension lines are towrds the bottom of the pack tray, or are you b) placing the D bag straight up and down (where the suspension lines would be at your back while wearing the rig).

In either case, are the line stows a little too long so that they are catching the corners of the main pack tray upon exit?

Another thing that can increase the chance of line twists is the location of the stow bands. On some rigs, mostly older, the loops for the stow bands are sewn on the sides of the bag, far apart. Most newer rigs have them on the flap, much closer together. On the flap is better, since, when the lines pull out during deployment, there is less rocking and less tendency for the bag to spin. When pulling out the side stows, there's a lot more leverage to rock and spin the bag. This is just one of many factors, but it's been a help to me to change over.