RkyMtnHigh

Tradition of Pie Ceremony

I was told cupcake at 100 and pie at every 1000.

this type of thread came up a while ago and you should have seen the angst of some low timers with this attitude - I was a bit nervous about the 'wiseacre' comment though I think it applies.

and every 10,000 they should get dropped in a baby swimming pool of dogfood and vegetable oil

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I was told cupcake at 100 and pie at every 1000.

this type of thread came up a while ago and you should have seen the angst of some low timers with this attitude - I was a bit nervous about the 'wiseacre' comment though I think it applies.

and every 10,000 they should get dropped in a baby swimming pool of dogfood and vegetable oil

we put baby food (turkey and meat and gross stuff) in one of Miies pies once. I think he was actually pretty pissed (since he is a vegetarian).

Since we have a pool at the dz, you get thrown in for graduating and often for getting your A and sometimes for shits and giggles.

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

The real interesting queston might be the content of the pie. This was a mix of apple pie, cream pies and one other i think some chocolate thing?? Mind you they were all on separate plates from different peoiple. Not just the old redi whip pie.

What does your DZ use?????

Points are always given for creativity. A few years back, I jumped at a DZ that was down right cruel. Pies inclused BBQ sauce, lots of mustard and the occasion tin of sardines. We stopped shy of lining the pie plate with tacks so that it would stick.:P
On my 500th, they knew I had brought clean clothes "just incase", so they threw me in the pool. When I changed clothes thinking the worst was over, they pied the bejezzus out of me.

The last person I pied, I turned into a pie! I pinned him down, kneeling on each arm. I then dumped a tin of cherry pie filling on his face, dumped a bottle on chocolate syrup on that, spayed wipping cream on that, rubbed pie base in his hair and liberally topped with sprinkles.

note: make sure airways are always kept clear!

I also had a friend who was tarred and feathered (molasses for tar)

The more we like ya, the worse it'll be!

Mwaa ha ha ha ha !
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

we put baby food (turkey and meat and gross stuff) in one of Mile's pies once. I think he was actually pretty pissed (since he is a vegetarian).

he remembers it. I don't recall him talking too fondly about that one either.

wouldn't be an issue if the poor guy jumped less

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

wouldn't be an issue if the poor guy jumped less

I think we were tired of the veggie farts on the plane.:D:D

j

come visit, there's a new sheriff in town

i have a teammate that made the pilot gag when he farted - from the front float position - (at least he waited until climb out)

Some drop zones don't even need a reason....

Hey! Lets hit him with a pie, he just bought a new car!

Or,

Hey! he didn't do ANYTHING! but he has never been pied before so lets do it!

Or,

Hey! lets T-bag him because he is asleep and we are not!

Personally, I think its stupid. I would rather make them buy beer for acomplishments then throw pastries. But if you must NEVER do it with the gear on! That is sacrilege!

More later,