RkyMtnHigh

Tradition of Pie Ceremony

The dz where I began skydiving only gives a pie (on your knees) for the 100th and another at the 1000th (standing up). Now I'm noticing dz's pieíng jumpers for every 00 and 000.

What tradition does your dz follow and are there other funny things they do other than pies.:D

I was told it's pie for 100, 500, 1000 and every thousand thereafter.

Same here. But you don't know when you are going to get it. The only rule is you have to be out of your gear. And there is no statute of limitations. It may come that day, or weeks/months later. Its fun watching a to be pied jumper being nervous waiting but not knowing when they will be pied.>:(
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

What tradition does your dz follow and are there other funny things they do other than pies.

anytime we can think of some random excuse to pie someone we do, why wait for jump numbers, a new pair of shoes, a nice new haircut, or adding the word "like" too a sentence too often are all perfect excuses to put a thick white substance all over someone's face(I was talkin about whip cream sicko's):P

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I was told it's pie for 100, 500, 1000 and every thousand thereafter.

Same here. But you don't know when you are going to get it. The only rule is you have to be out of your gear. And there is no statute of limitations. It may come that day, or weeks/months later. Its fun watching a to be pied jumper being nervous waiting but not knowing when they will be pied.>:(

At Orange the 500th is optional. I hope they don't pie me for mine.

I tried to get out of it for my 100th by meeting that milestone at West Point. I convinced the people there that Orange would take care of it. Since it was still fairly cold in March, they let me slide. I didn't mention it at Orange, but my head was on a swivel for 64 more jumps before they finally got me. I knew it was coming. After my jump I went to the bathroom and changed into a shirt that I didn't care about. :D
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

Most i have seen do it 100 500 then 1000 increments. The avatr pic is for my 3000 a few weeks back.

The real interesting queston might be the content of the pie. This was a mix of apple pie, cream pies and one other i think some chocolate thing?? Mind you they were all on separate plates from different peoiple. Not just the old redi whip pie.

What does your DZ use?????

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Hmmm.... I think I have some Cool Whip in the freezer.... when will you be at the dz again?

Pie... cool whip and whipped cream in a can, is-not-PIE!!!
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Pie every thousanth

giving a pie for 100 jumps is like kindergarteners wearing caps and gowns at the end of the school year

we'll cupcake the 100 jump wonder though

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I've been told that I should start bringing a change of clothes to the DZ after my 100th...but it's been a few weeks and I haven't been hit yet. They're probably just waiting for me to forget about it... ;)

Exactly! Be afraid...very afraid. :o:P

At the DZ it's a good idea to bring a change of underwear at the least :P:P - always keep a pair in your glove compartment.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Pie every thousanth

giving a pie for 100 jumps is like kindergarteners wearing caps and gowns at the end of the school year

My thoughts, but I didn't want to sound like a wise acre since I just got my 1000th (and pie)

I'm a wiseacre - you draw good