sangiro

WFFC - What's going on?

assuming all goes as planned and the jet flies jumpers at Rantoul,
can I assume they will be flying jump runs at full altitude and not
something lame like 4k?

For $100.00 it should definitely be all the way up...

come on, don't you like buzz jobs? It will be full altitude I'm just not sure on the exact how high up it is. If anyone that's following this has done any of the 727 jumps in the past, please chime in.
If I had to venture a guess, it would be 13.5 - 14k, but I'll asterik that with I'm not sure.
-----
~~~Michael

assuming all goes as planned and the jet flies jumpers at Rantoul,
can I assume they will be flying jump runs at full altitude and not
something lame like 4k?

For $100.00 it should definitely be all the way up...

come on, don't you like buzz jobs? It will be full altitude I'm just not sure on the exact how high up it is. If anyone that's following this has done any of the 727 jumps in the past, please chime in.
If I had to venture a guess, it would be 13.5 - 14k, but I'll asterik that with I'm not sure.

Oh come now! Pressurize that sum'bitch and put us all out at 20k :D (I'm trying to not be to greedy! :D)

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Oh come now! Pressurize that sum'bitch and put us all out at 20k :D (I'm trying to not be to greedy! :D)

Pressurize it to 10 atmospheres, take us to 20k, line us up by the door and pop the hatch :)
OK I'd only really want to do that in a cartoon ;)
__

My mighty steed

If anyone that's following this has done any of the 727 jumps in the past, please chime in.

Both in 94 and 96 it was normal alt.. somthing in the 13 something range.

At that point who cares :ph34r: The Jet jumps arent really anything special past the door. Its the unreal feeling of loading that plane, sitting on the ground with 200 other people, grinning from ear to ear, getting to altitude in 4 minutes that is just awsome :ph34r:
Remster

Hi R

We jumped the jet in 94 no pic it but got the certificate DB cooper # 1646 to prove itB|.

Jump altitude? Sorry to lazy to look it up[:/] Airspeed:o not sure but fast enough that your slowing down in freefallB|.

Ever see a rock skip across a pond? thats what it was like to exit the jet at whatever the exit speed was.B|

We really don't see the attraction of doing ultra hi altitude jump from 30k for $300B|. different stroke for different strokes IMO I'd settle for the 21K exit and save the money for other stuff.

I'll throw another variable into the Jet equation. Whats the minimum number of jumpers that the jet will T.O. with? If it's dropping jumpers be sure you get on the first load just in case.:)

It would be nice if the WFFC folks confirmed that the DB cooper cerificates(extra $$:)) & numbers were available again.

Don't worry be happy:)
There's always another Boogie :)
PS sorry we're all adults and there's no Santa Clause[:/]

R.I.P.

I've got to go find them all now too. Midnight GMT -7

GMT -7 eh? Thats Pacific time zone.

Sliding yourself a couple extra hours there eh?

I'm on to you ;)

Mtn time actually. I've covered GMT+3 to GMT-10 this year so there is a new game coming out called 'Where's Michael' because sometimes I don't even know where I am.
-----
~~~Michael

It would be nice if the WFFC folks confirmed that the DB cooper cerificates(extra $$[.angelic]) & numbers were available again.

Psssst...

P.S. Most everything will be managed over there so I can keep everything in one spot.

Hi Top Hat

You the man:)

Thanks for not beating me over the head or cutting me off at the knee's I'm short enough as it is:S, on the other hand cut me off at the knee's so Amazon and all the other babes will look tallerB|:P

R.I.P.

Mtn time actually.

Eastern (where I live) is GMT -4

That would make mtn GMT -6 wouldnt it?

Don't know what Easter time you're on, but on the east coast of FL it is GMT -5.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Mtn time actually.

Eastern (where I live) is GMT -4

That would make mtn GMT -6 wouldnt it?

Don't know what Easter time you're on, but on the east coast of FL it is GMT -5.

Turn that around bub, you are the one in the twilight zone ;-)

At this very moment its 03:10 AM June 24 in Greenwich England and its 11:10 PM June 23 here in Malvern PA

Call me crazy, but I'd say thats a 4 hour difference.

You are in the same time zone as I am.

Take a look here

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

Dont forget, we have a completely retarded system here in the USA where we change the clock by an hour every spring and fall.

GMT doesnt move, so part of the year we are -5 and the other part we are -4.

Right now we are -4

incidentally, right now GMT -7 is pacific time zone as I originally claimed.
__

My mighty steed

To clarify, this was one year that it was all a done deal. The aircraft insurer (Lords of London) pulled the plug at the last minute, the last minute being the morning it was supposed to arrive in Rantoul.

And that caused several people to be very angry at the WFFC. Now, I work at an Airline, and I know there was not much that could be done. *I* don't blame the convention...But plenty of folks did. And that was enough to start a negative trend. Then there was all kinds of talk about getting it back...ect and that never worked out. Again, added to the bad vibes.

It was not advertised as 'confirmed' other than this one year. I've got copies of the letters from the operator confirming and pulling out on a CD in a box somewhere.
Yes, it did leave a sour taste in people's mouth, but a boogie is not all about a single plane is it?

Nope, but it turned some folks. Add in that the WFFC got kicked out of Quincy, lots of political crap, harrassment by the Quincy police....Well it became the boogie where you could go to jump planes you could jump at home and get hasseled by the police.

Not saying thats the case, but the *perception* was there.

I thought it was about the brotherhood and comraderie? And yes, you can get that at your local big DZ, but what about your brothers that you only get to see once a year at a large event?

Those folks decided to go to another boogie, or a big way event.

Hey I liked the WFFC. But I can say that it does not have much of a draw for me anymore...Add in the high cost, not very special aircraft...Ect. And most folks will just go to a boggie closer to home.

To win those people back, you will have to do something that the local boogies can not do....so far you have not done that.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

The WFFC is doing that to some degree, yet so many of you do not seem to understand what is going on in skydiving that you complain about this.

Not complain, just stating that the WFFC does not have the draw it used to.

Supply side economics....If you make the WFFC the "Must attend" boogie it was, then it will grow or just survive.

The last few years people came back and said, "I am glad I went, but I don't think I would go back." The WFFC needs to change that...*I* don't know how.

I like the convention. I wish it would not go away, but it is not enough of a draw to make me want to go, and that is the problem.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

[reply

Where I live pacific time is + greenwich not -
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Damn, Is it midnight yet?
---------

No. 11:42 PM.
---------

---------

Where I live pacific time is + greenwich not -

Guys - please take this stuff to the Bonfire.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Sounds like they will be lucky to reach the 300 mark of people at the moment.
Does not seem much interest in it this year does there?

look at it this way... you won't be waiting long for any loads! :)

Yeah ... ;) It might also get much mellower if the whiners and easily annoyed people don't show up :)
If the weather is nice, 300 people can do a LOT of jumps in ten days!