sangiro

WFFC - What's going on?

Let me know if you need a permission slip or a Dr's note. I'm sure we can come up with one.

right on bro! i'm sure you get tired of hearing this question, but any update on the perris jet?

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

assuming all goes as planned and the jet flies jumpers at Rantoul,
can I assume they will be flying jump runs at full altitude and not
something lame like 4k?

For $100.00 it should definitely be all the way up...
__

My mighty steed

Folks, the 1990's and "Point Break" are over!

Skydiving is in a decline, and if you are not seeing this, either you are fortunate enough to be in one of the few areas where things are going fairly well, or you haven't been paying attention. (You may also not be seeing it right now, it is June after all.)

I dont buy that the number of licensed and active skydivers has gone down by 75% in 10 years.
Remster

I dont buy that the number of licensed and active skydivers has gone down by 75% in 10 years.

In the last 2 or 3 years I've seen many jumpers that had quit jumping for 10 or more years returning to the sport (myself included)
__

My mighty steed

I have not seen anyone complain about the attendance.

The only things being bought to light is that the WFFC is advertising things that are not confirmed in order to get attendance.

Your fees are too high for vendors, you should put em down.
More vendors will come and so will more jumpers.

Why will nobody answer how many people are registered?

As far as i know, when my group bought there $1300 plane tickets to get there we were told there would be vendors galore and a helicopter. False advertising.

I can not see how your statement has anything to do with this thread and the WFFC.
Don't you think people are just sick of being let down by the WFFC.
From what i have heard from many, many private messages from people who use to frequent the WFFC is that YOU CAN NOT TRUST THE WFFC ANYMORE.

I sure do get the feeling that things are very desperate for the WFFC.
Will the WFFC survive another year? the feeling i get from the responses here and through PM's is NO.

It is a shame cause maybe in America skydiving is decreasing but it sure feels like the rest of the world is getting stronger and bigger. Maybe it is not but alot of dropzones have had record numbers of students the past few years who spend alot more money than what it sounds like the elders in the sport use to.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

As far as i know, when my group bought there $1300 plane tickets to get there...

Yes we all know that your plane tickets were $1,300 you don't need to tell us anymore. :P

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

Well WFFC did say he would answer all your questions by midnight tonight, so lets see what happens.

Good luck either way man.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

It is nothing personal to anyone involved in the WFFC on these forums as they all seem like good people.

I just somehow do not think my questions are going to be answered with an answer that does not say "sorry i dont know".

I want to know how many people are registered as now the vendors are not there and the aircraft is the same as anywhere else i think it would only be fair if they gave us time to make other plans.

Sounds like they will be lucky to reach the 300 mark of people at the moment.
Does not seem much interest in it this year does there?

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

It is nothing personal to anyone involved in the WFFC on these forums as they all seem like good people.

I just somehow do not think my questions are going to be answered with an answer that does not say "sorry i dont know".

I want to know how many people are registered as now the vendors are not there and the aircraft is the same as anywhere else i think it would only be fair if they gave us time to make other plans.

Well I'm going. Thats at least one guy :)
__

My mighty steed

look at it this way... you won't be waiting long for any loads! :)

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Why will nobody answer how many people are registered?

because,

a few years ago, when i went and had the best time of my life, i found out a week or two in advance there was less that 150 people pre registered, im sure there is the same number if not more now, due to the internet being so much bigger.

if you go, you will have fun.

Guys, i am really not doubting the fun, not at all.
Some people make the journey for different reasons than just the fun.
Vendors was a huge part for me.

I now understand the pre registration numbers.... thanks for that.

Sounds like we can get what we need from vendors at Summerfest so will also attend there i guess.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Well, w/ all the "discussion" about WFFC this year, I hope it's good... now that I live only about 1-1.5 hrs from Rantoul, going is a no-brainer for me. I just hope wifey unclenches her fist enough to give me enough $$ for some fun jumps!

I live less than 1.5 hours from Rantoul. I didn't bother to go last year. I might go for a day or two this year, IF (and only if) they have a day rate.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I would assume full altitude since it would take 3-5 minutesB|B|
You also better plan on 2 tickets because the 727 also made a high speed pass!!!!:o I can't remember how fast but it was a scarry number

I'm here for the party

Chris
It's Jimmy Time!!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Fast-As-Fuck/6099474213

I would assume full altitude since it would take 3-5 minutesB|B|
You also better plan on 2 tickets because the 727 also made a high speed pass!!!!:o I can't remember how fast but it was a scarry number

I'm here for the party

I dont drink

I'm here for the high speed pass
And the high altitude pass

:)
__

My mighty steed

A high speed pass would make the day!.

How fast would we be exiting the Jet at?

Looks like the 727 jump run was 150 mph. Dont know what that means for a DC 9. Different plane.

Just found this info on the 1995 Quincy WFFC with the 727

At the other end of the spectrum, but no less thrilling, flew the hot air balloons. With an exit speed of close to zero (compared to the jet's 150-plus mph jump run), the balloon offered a tranquil mode of transportation from which to observe the Illinois countryside.

__

My mighty steed

A high speed pass would make the day!.

How fast would we be exiting the Jet at?

Looks like the 727 jump run was 150 mph. Dont know what that means for a DC 9. Different plane.

Just found this info on the 1995 Quincy WFFC with the 727

At the other end of the spectrum, but no less thrilling, flew the hot air balloons. With an exit speed of close to zero (compared to the jet's 150-plus mph jump run), the balloon offered a tranquil mode of transportation from which to observe the Illinois countryside.

OUCH!!

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

150 mph was the normal exit speed. They ran a high speed pass as well. so you can jump the balloon in the morning and then high speed the jet and have the best of both worlds:D

Chris
It's Jimmy Time!!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Fast-As-Fuck/6099474213