fichmant

parents agreement... help!

No man, screw "try the present it them in ather way" Just get someone else to sign for you, then go and jump. Just make sure to get video and show it to them after and be like "screw you mom and dad, I can do whatever the hell I want":D

mmmmmm
Nice I like that idea,
I am going talk my uncles about that :-)
no the only thing I need is the Job my cousin have for me, for the money and schedule a jump

No man, screw "try the present it them in ather way" Just get someone else to sign for you, then go and jump. Just make sure to get video and show it to them after and be like "screw you mom and dad, I can do whatever the hell I want":D

mmmmmm
Nice I like that idea,
no the only thing I need is the Job my cousin have for me, for the money and schedule a jump

Sweet dude, let me know when you get 10 ish jumps under your belt. We can get 15 or so people together and do a hybrid. Maybe even try a mr bill followed by a low pull contest, it will be good times:)

Q. Why do birds sing?
A. Because they dont have to pack when they land

mmmmmm
Nice I like that idea,

Sweet dude, let me know when you get 10 ish jumps under your belt. We can get 15 or so people together and do a hybrid. Maybe even try a mr bill followed by a low pull contest, it will be good times:)

ya its defnnatly going to be good time man! the only problam is that its probably would be our last time too......

and I am not planing on stoping after my 11 Jump.... :-)

mmmmmm
Nice I like that idea,

And if you are in any way shape or form, fucking serious in this comment to him...>:(

Fichmant, Wait until you're 18. The sport isn't safe. You can do everything right and still die. If you think for a millisecond that throwing yourself out of an airplane at the earth going 120+ mph hoping that nylon and some string will save your ass is safe, you need to seriously take a look through the forums and see the reality of this sport.

The sport is wonderful, free, awesome, and when things go bad, it'll fuck you up - whether it happens to you or someone you care about.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Well i hope i don't know anyone who died skydiving. I see no reason why you should say that i will either??

Bigway~

I hope you don't ever have to see / deal with the loss of a friend skydiving.
But as L-M said, if you are in it long enough the odds are you will.

It's a small community and we obviously become close friends fast.
After 30 years in the sport, I kinda divide it up as 'People I saw but didn't know', 'People I knew' and 'Friends' that were lost to the sport.

I also belong to a some what smaller and even tighter community, that of Air Show Performers...that category has 'friends I've lost SO FAR'[:/]

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Airtwardo- Thanks.

The things is, it is not guaranteed is it.

I know of people who have gone in and i have found it emotional but i have not seen it nor have i ever met anyone who has gone in.

I know the chances of seeing it is huge, even bigger knowing someone but it is not guaranteed is it.... Besides, i jump out of planes as often as i can in my life and the one thing i learnt when i never pulled on AFF level 5 was when you think negative, negative things happen. In this sport, i only ever think positive.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Dude, chill. The sky is still going to be there when you are a legal adult and are able to make those decisions yourself.;)

The cliche answer needs to be tempered here.

He is about to enter 3 years in the military in what is a smouldering hot zone. Even peacetime training for war is dangerous.

There is this presumption that the sky will always be there in a few years. It ignores accidents, cancer, and other elements of bad luck that have taken out some of my friends long before middle age.

If he has most of the money already - I think he should go for it.

We recently had an Isrealy girl here doing here AFF course, why not wait until you finish your National Service, and use the money you have saved ( remember to save some money) to do your coursewhwen you have finished.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Dude I know English is not your first language but this is bugging the shit out of me. We start our sentences with a capital letter and nothing else is capitalized mid-sentence unless it's a proper noun (person, place or thing). You don't just randomly capitalize words for no reason.

Oh and it's guess, not gass.

Best of luck with getting to jump.

Dude I know English is not your first language but this is bugging the shit out of me. We start our sentences with a capital letter and nothing else is capitalized mid-sentence unless it's a proper noun (person, place or thing). You don't just randomly capitalize words for no reason.

Oh and it's guess, not gass.

Best of luck with getting to jump.

Get over yourself.:S

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

mmmmmm
Nice I like that idea,

And if you are in any way shape or form, fucking serious in this comment to him...>:(

Fichmant, Wait until you're 18. The sport isn't safe. You can do everything right and still die. If you think for a millisecond that throwing yourself out of an airplane at the earth going 120+ mph hoping that nylon and some string will save your ass is safe, you need to seriously take a look through the forums and see the reality of this sport.

The sport is wonderful, free, awesome, and when things go bad, it'll fuck you up - whether it happens to you or someone you care about.

WOW, the skydive nazi has entered the building. Chill out ok, is just a hybrid and a low pull contest.

With regards to your comment about him waiting till he is 18 to jump... is the sport going to be safer the day he turns 18? Read his posts, he understands the sport is not safe. So you have read a bunch of post about how dangerous the sport is and now you are a parrot passing on the message. He wants to know how to convince his parents to let him go skydiving. The only person in this discussion debating wether or not this sport is safe is you. Now give it a rinse

Q. Why do birds sing?
A. Because they dont have to pack when they land

Wow, I can't believe you all think skydiving is that dangerous! Why do you expose yourselves to it, then?

I mean, I teach skydiving, I drop students and I do tandems. I pack reserves. I read the incident reports, analyze stuff, and have a pretty good idea of the causes of most of the incidents/accidents/fatalities I've heard about.

I know the statistics. And I've lost friends, too many of them, not just skydiving but in all sorts of situations.

But if I honestly believed I was just playing Russian roulette, I'd give up skydiving myself. I'm not in it to die. And if I didn't think that students could jump safely, I'd stop teaching them, or dropping them, or taking tandems. Just like I would hold a student back if he wasn;t getting something right during the training.

It's not the the sport itself that is dangerous, it's the jumper's reaction to some of the things that can happen that is inadequate.

If I had a kid he'd be jumping as soon as he wanted to, younger then 17 probably. I started 27 years ago at the age of 19 and have always wished that I'd started even younger.

Some of the best skydivers are those that started out young, with good coaching, and being exposed to skydiving on an on-going basis. I know kids that started in the single digits and are national champions!

Saying that minors can't jump safely eliminates the greatest learning phase of their lives in many cases.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Thx, you really put here some good points (all of you).
I am going to try and talk to my parents and see what really scare them (I think know what it's but if they will say it, I will probably be able to show them what the chances for that to happen).

I even thought about showing them the fatality reports and shoeing them how most of the accident could be prevented and/or aren't the one that happens to new skydivers (low turning that are the result of HPL ext'...)

but if they would say 'no' I decided to respect that answer and to wait until I will be 21... although its going to hard! vary hard!

thx :) again
_____
Tomer

:D Thank you. I've never been called a safety nazi before. :D

Nothing changes between the age he is now and 18 - except by letter of the law. Hence the "wait until you're 18. :S
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

I'm aware that I can die on any jump. It's a reality when I throw myself out of an airplane at the ground.

I'm, also, aware of the fact that I can die at any time doing anything and that the only way to prevent death is to not be born. ;)

I've analyzed the risks and accept them for myself. I'm, also, way over 18 and am allowed by law to legally make the decision to jump.

His parents are against it. He's hoping to say the sport is safe and thereby get his parents approval to do the jump.

To say you think the sport is safe, is well...there's been many posts made prior to mine to respond to that comment. Happy reading. :)

Dude. My advice. Get Laid!, go to the army, get a good paying job and then return to skydiving. The more you condense your jumps the more you'll learn. = money.

I did my first tandem at 19 and loved it, but I didn't do an AFF course till I was 28. It will always be here.

;)

Never try to skip a stage of natural progression...

It will always be here.

;)

Read my posting earlier in this.

Skydiving will probably be there, though people have remarked that we could be one mid air collsion with a plane from not existing in the US.

And there is no guarantee that a 19 yo will become a 28yo. Or one healthy enough to jump. Those are the risks in putting something off 'till next year.'

I have to ask, did you jump at Paradive or the newer DZ near Ber Sheva? I sure miss those Saturdays jumping over the Med up near Haifa [:/]

Living in Israel for a while I know how expensive the sport is your country. Wait till your done with the Army cuz I know your not going to make nearly enough money to support your very expensive habit in the IDF.

Both my parents have now split (ages ago) and i was bought a tandem jump as a Xmas present last year off my father (did the jump June 3rd, and loved it). My mum really hated the idea of me jumping and if it was up to her i wouldn't of done it (being 18 it was my choice any how).

When i came back that day, still buzzing, i told my mum that i will be doing the AFF course next year. My mother told me that she does not want me todo it but, as i'm an adult, its my choice.

The fact is your only 17 and until you can jump without your mums permission unless she is happy (or as happy as she could be) with you jumping then you should respect your mums choice.
Fell the Fear, do it anyway !

Driving will always be alot more dangerous than skydiving.

No offense, total and complete crap. Skydiving has one speed and every time you do it you try to stop 10 seconds from certain death.

We have more control over our parachutes than in a car.

Really? I would like to see you back up a parachute to get some more altitude, or slow down freefall, or pull over in freefall to think.

Dirty quick math here. 33000 members of the USPA and about 30 people die in the US each year. Thats ~1 in a 1,000 members die each year.

I have known MANY more jumpers to die than car related deaths. Not that is not evidence of anything, but neither is yours.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Good point, but I think maybe a little far fetched. I dont think they would can the sport over a collision. They would probaly tighten air restrictions for DZ's in the US. But what do I know.

If he wants to his AFF, shit then he should it and let nothing get in his way.

I was just trying to point out the financial side of things.

Never try to skip a stage of natural progression...

I have to ask, did you jump at Paradive or the newer DZ near Ber Sheva? I sure miss those Saturdays jumping over the Med up near Haifa [:/]

Living in Israel for a while I know how expensive the sport is your country. Wait till your done with the Army cuz I know your not going to make nearly enough money to support your very expensive habit in the IDF.

I jumped at SkyKef (The DZ neer Ber Sheva) and its was one helll of an exprianse the ppl were nice and funny... it's unexplainable exprience.

Skydiving has one speed and every time you do it you try to stop 10 seconds from certain death.

No offence taken ron and i agree with your point.
Though there is more than one speed:P

The thing i think though is that everytime you jump you are prepared for exactly what you are doing. You have a dive plan, you know break off alti, you know pull time, you hopefully know emergency procedures. ou know landing.

Driving a car, there are thousands of different people you do not know on the road driving next ot you and towards you at different speeds. you dont know when you need to slam breaks on, when someone pulls out in front of you, when someone falls asleep at the wheel coming towards you, when someone comes up your ass cause you have slammed your breaks..etc etc....

With skydiving we are usually prepared for the different things that can happen.
Yes we put our lives 10 seconds from death everytime but we are prepared for that. We are not prepared for that with driving as we do not have aplan. Nor do we 'Gear check' our car everytime we get in it.
Most people drive at around 70mph ( if not more in the UK ), 2 cars coming towards each other is very fast impact speed, and we do not know nor do we trust the person ( hundreds of people ) driving towards us with a gap of 5 meters to the side and in between.
Deers run out when driving etc... There are far many more variables that could go wrong with driving on a public road than jumping out fo a plane with gear checks and a dive plan and jumping with someone that you trust.

I really believe the logic i have given you here is strong.

Hey, it may not be safer but i feel alot safer jumping than driving. I also like to think i am a confident driver.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Driving a car, there are thousands of different people you do not know on the road driving next ot you and towards you at different speeds. you dont know when you need to slam breaks on, when someone pulls out in front of you, when someone falls asleep at the wheel coming towards you, when someone comes up your ass cause you have slammed your breaks..etc etc....

You are also wrapped in a metal frame with a seat belt and in many cases an airbag. There are roads which most people follow unlike the sky which is a true free for all.

With skydiving we are usually prepared for the different things that can happen.

Yet even being prepared 1 in a 1,000 die each year in the US. Imagine how low the driving fatality rates would be if people did the same amount of prep! So we have a high risk sport where people get training and do gear checks with a higher death rate than someone who gets little to no formal training and does no pre trip on the car.

Most people drive at around 70mph ( if not more in the UK ), 2 cars coming towards each other is very fast impact speed

70+70 = 140. In skydiving you are doing 120 and there is no escape but to stop. There is no 5 foot gap. and the other driver is trying to avoid you as well. The earth does not care and will not get out of your way.

There are far many more variables that could go wrong with driving on a public road than jumping out fo a plane with gear checks and a dive plan and jumping with someone that you trust.

Total BS. Also when something breaks on your car it is not nearly as serious as when your main malfunctions.

Hey, it may not be safer but i feel alot safer jumping than driving.

Just because you FEEL safer does not make it safer. And about your skill, not one person who died jumping or driving thought they would. And they still did.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334