itllclear

Where have all the July 4 demos gone?

Checked NOTAM's this morning. Only 3 in the L.A. area. I remember 1 year I flew 4 myself, missed out on a bunch of others for which there were NOTAMs.

Probably a couple I missed, and I made one on Sunday, but seems like a real decrease.

What's going on?
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."

"Your statement answered your question."

I did 6 and we did a total of 7 demo's during the day in the Quad City area for the Quad City Demonstration Team. The last one at dusk with fireworks all around us landing on a golf course.
One of the best 4th of July's I will ever have.
Tight landing areas with ball field lights all around, dogs running after the first to land, and the crowds going wild all day. Well not wild but pretty enthusiastic...
Used smoke and flares and streamers. Didn't get to carry the flag yet though Andy...maybe next year!!
Thanks to all the people at QC Skydiving for inviting me to play.
yo
tom #90 #54 #08 and now #5 with a Bronze :-)

Well... I did two over the weekend. Hee's a photo of one I did over Springfield National Airport in Springfield, MO.

I took the photo. Bryan Wolford, DZO is the one hamming it up for the camera. Brad Henson and Steve Eggers round out the round. :)

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer

Well... I did two over the weekend. Hee's a photo of one I did over Springfield National Airport in Springfield, MO.

I took the photo. Bryan Wolford, DZO is the one hamming it up for the camera. Brad Henson and Steve Eggers round out the round. :)

B|B|B|

Lookin down, it seems like a HUGE event you guys are jumping into!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I helped on ground crew at one yesterday! Went off without a hitch too.

CReW Skies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Made my second demo Sunday evening at a large church in Griffin, GA. Police estimated the crowd at about 36,000. The landing area was roped off on the shore of a large pond. During an earlier visit, we noted that there were many outs, but I failed to understand that most of these "outs" would be crowded with people.

Under canopy, the target looked much smaller than it did while we were on site earlier in the day. Made one spiral too many, trying to get further below the organizer as he brought in the flag. Turned toward the target, sure I'd get close but afraid I'd have to land at the water's edge and get a bit wet. However, I nailed the "X". B| This demo stuff is fun!

A few hours earlier I jumped my W'hog/Strato Cloud at Thomaston. Still trying to figure out how to flare it. Did better than last time, but no stand-up. This thing flies like a real fast round. Love the look on the other jumpers' faces.:D

Cheers,
Jon S.

During an earlier visit, we noted that there were many outs, but I failed to understand that most of these "outs" would be crowded with people.

Great. And people wonder why the Pro Rating was created.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

During an earlier visit, we noted that there were many outs, but I failed to understand that most of these "outs" would be crowded with people.

Great. And people wonder why the Pro Rating was created.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Hee hee... Did I mention the perfect landing, right on target?

C'mon, I knew there'd be a crowd but I didn't know how big it would be. How would holding a PRO have helped?

By the way, I don't oppose the concept of the PRO. Tell me how many good landings I must make, and how close to the target I must land. If I can do it, I get the rating, right?

Cheers,
Jon

C. Experience and ability

Back to Section 7-1

1. Open Field and Level 1, as defined by USPA and accepted by the FAA (all of the following):

a. USPA C license or higher

b. minimum 200 jumps

c. 50 jumps within the past 12 months

d. five jumps within the previous 60 days using the samd model and size canopy to be used on the demonstration jump

2. Level 2 and Stadium, as defined by USPA and accepted by the FAA (all of the following):

a. hold the USPA PRO rating (required by the BSRs)

b. 50 jumps within the past 12 months

c. five jumps within the previous 60 days using the samd model and size canopy to be used on the demonstration jump

Since you average only 35 jumps a year you may not qualify for a demo even with a Pro Rating.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

...50 jumps within the past 12 months...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

This is the sort of thing that would really hamper my style. It's been nearly a dozen years since I made 50 jumps in a 12-month period.

Last year was really slow, with about 15 jumps following a four-month layoff. After another two months off, I made five jumps in a single weekend. Five weeks later I did my first demo, landing about 20' from target center. Six weeks and a few jumps later I made two more, including last week's demo.

No matter how many/few jumps I've ever made in a given time frame, I've always had good accuracy skills. Thanks be to God and those T-10 student jumps.

I believe we'd see less demand for "canopy piloting" instruction if we trained students on rounds.

I will begin holding my breath right about............................NOW.

Cheers,
Jon