Skyliber

Interesting Beer Rules

So, now that I've been cleared to solo status before I get my Class A, I find out all the silly and funny things and of course the beer rules. If you across certain lines at the airport, if you use a reserve, if you land miles away, and etc...

This is the questions, what are some of the crazier beer rules you've heard?

I know they are only saying it for free beer, and it's not law. I just curious what other people have come up with.

-=+ Skyliber, Disynthegrate, & Nucleaire +=-

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1034869#1034869

Tons of them here. :)
Edited to add...

I've never minded paying the beer fine - even though I don't drink beer and had to find out what's considered a "decent" beer. :D It is a time to celebrate an accomplishment, to hear stories of "when I ....," a time to share and make friends.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

I don't know if you've seen the rules yet or not....

http://webpages.charter.net/iskydive/beerrules/beerrules.htm

Everything else is either:
- All in fun
- Cheap bastards squeezing beer out of newbies

edited to add:
Cora, you sneaky witch....>:(:D:P;)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I know they are only saying it for free beer, and it's not law

It is on my dropzone.

I like it, This is a way that you meet and make many new friends. It is a very social rule and usually means everyone is going to sit down at the end of the day and have a beer or soda together.

BTW, you sure have alot of interests.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

It is on my dropzone.
I like it, This is a way that you meet and make many new friends. It is a very social rule and usually means everyone is going to sit down at the end of the day and have a beer or soda together.
BTW, you sure have alot of interests.

Next time I'm going over, I was planning to beer a lot of beer, even before it was mentioned. A nice way to say thanks for showing me the ropes, you know.

As for the interest, i like a lot of stuff and am curious about others. i editted it down from a huge list. i have a blog/journals/myspace crap that i just add to.

I was mainly curious of the funnier rules as opposed to the first this and first that. just wanted to humor myself really. i'm a dork like that. :S

Czesc skyliber :P

I only know about the line rules and firsts!
I gotta explore more....

Ah, po polsku. Ja mowie po polsku tak sobie. Ale dzien dobry o dobry wieczor bo to jest noc.

Your home dz says deland. You weren't at SDLI this past weekend were you? I could have sworn I saw a Michalm on on the loads.

I've never minded paying the beer fine -

In my limited experience, the people in charge at the DZ try to make sure the beer fines rotate appropriately. There is usually always beer, but it's not the same people buying it every week.

even though I don't drink beer and had to find out what's considered a "decent" beer.

If you live in a theocracy that is cursed with 3.2% beer (aka low-point beer), almost any full-strength beer (5% or more) is a good choice - especially if it's not readily available locally and you have to smuggle it in from a neighboring democracy. But given equal strength beer, there are lots of opinions on what's "decent". It occurs to me that "preferred beer brand(s)" should be another data point for the dropzone listings on this site, right along with the jump ticket prices and aircraft types.

A beer strategy I have developed at a smaller dropzone in a theocracy where you can only buy 3.2% beer on Sunday: Bring full-strength beer when you come out on Saturday, but keep the cooler in the trunk Saturday night. On Sunday afternoon, when everyone realizes they drank all their beer on Saturday and is starting to panic at the prospect of drinking 3.2% beer or going dry, mention that you've still got some real beer in your cooler. You will instantly become the most popular person at the dropzone. :)

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

I've never minded paying the beer fine - even though I don't drink beer and had to find out what's considered a "decent" beer.

Nothing says it has to be beer - I brought wine more commonly. I find it more social to share a bottle or two of vino than a 12 pack of 3.2 beer. Pizza can work as well - if you're contributing, it's your call.

And you can always ask manifest for a preferred beer if you want to be tradional.

If you live in a theocracy that is cursed with 3.2% beer (aka low-point beer), almost any full-strength beer (5% or more) is a good choice - especially if it's not readily available locally and you have to smuggle it in from a neighboring democracy.

from a neighboring democracy. like Texas!?!?!;)
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

Very simply put, just graduated and made your first solo, Miller lite will do just fine.......Blue Skys, I will enjoy drinking it and explaining to the rest of the DZ that you were the best Student to pass through the gates.,,,,,,,, and I will swear to it, until the next graduate of course....

well, i havent posted on the other beerrules, so here is my post on it. I have owed so much beer in the 3 days it is not even funny. but it is all done to bond, relax, and enjoy!

My favorite beer rule is one i just heard today... I found out whhat the airplane landing fine is at my dz strip. was awsome.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720