JohnRich

Surplus Chinese Parachute: $80!

Here's a good deal for you: a Chinese military surplus parachute with harness, for just $80!

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MIL2121-47327-1399.html

It doesn't look like any kind of human parachute I've even seen before, but it comes with a personnel harness. I'd like to see someone else jump this contraption, while I watch.

Any comments on this design? It looks like about half of a ram-air parachute, with only one layer of fabric. Ack!

Get yours now!

It looks like about half of a ram-air parachute, with only one layer of fabric.

It sort of reminds me of the photos I've seen of a Paradactyl, but I've never seen one up close.

Get yours now!

I can see it now... Harbor Freight Discount Tools and Rigging Loft.

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

LOL.... I like how it states in the ad that the lines are cut... and down below they try to sell you lines as additional accesories!

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

I bet it's just a "round chute" that's built in a square pattern. It's just the photo that makes it look like a wing.

The Soviets, for example, had a long history of building square shaped "rounds", to an extent greater than in the US. The square canopy's simple shape makes them less expensive to build than a round canopy with all its roughly triangular gores and reinforcement tapes circling tangentially around the canopy.

Yes, that is an old communist pattern for a square parachute that flies like a round.
It only has one layer of fabric and all the liens are the same length. No ribs or slider either.
Like the earlier poster said, the odd shape is to simplify manufacturing.
The container is a seat pack designed to fit in a military training airplane, probably a Nanjing ???.
It is probably not compatible with ejection seats.