AEsco48

Do i have to tell my Medical or Life insurance that im skydiving?

If the policies were initiated before you started, I believe it's illegal for them to drop you because of it. At least that's what I was told with my life insurance. As was stated, if you're worried, ask for excluded activities. I'd be surprised if they tell you that they'll drop because of it now.

<><><><><><><><><><><>

The greatest risk you take in life is the risk you don't take.

You only have to answer questions about your activities during the purchase period of the life insurance.

Blue 111-
Jeff

"When I die, I want to go like my grandmother, who died peacefully in her sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in her car."

Read the policy and find out if "aviation activities" are exempt from coverage.

Either way, you don't have to tell them. But if you're in a skydiving accident and that's not covered by the policy, then they're sure not going to help you out.

Insurance companies are really stingy like that. They don't like paying out money if they have an excuse to not do so.

When you purchase life insurance you have to disclose dangerious activities. If you do not and you die with in two years they do not have to pay. IF you start an dangerious activity (skydiving) with in two years of the policy and do not disclose they do not have to pay. If you make it two years and then disclose the activity they can raise premium or not, usually they do not. If you die after three years and they find out you were jumping previous two years they can deny you. Message me if you need more details. As a former New York Life agent I wrote many skydivers. I know some inside scoop.

If you die after three years and they find out you were jumping previous two years they can deny you.

I think it depends on state. In California if you die after two years they will have to pay no matter that you find out you were lying in the application. But before two years they don't have to pay. Confirmed by several insurance agents.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *