elias123

a few term questions

I found these terms in The Skydiving Handbook by Mike Turoff and Dan Poynter and was wondering what these actions are/ment.

1/Style tuck
2/layout backloop
3/twist trough
4/T daffy
5/backslide(guessin' this is some sort of backtracking)

Thanks in advance

eli
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane"

Only know what backsliding is.

It is when you are moving backwards vice straight down or forward as in a track. In other words if someone is in front of you, backsliding you would be moving away from them.

I am curious as well about the others....

Hope this answers your question (correctly :S:P)

"I love 'lamp'."
-SKYMAMA

1/ style tuck

This is from classic freefall style (solo maneuvers) competition.
A style tuck sort of resembles knee-flying (shins parallel with planet), except that you push your chest down close to your knees. Spine is bent forward, close to horizontal.
Elbows are close to ribs/hips with fore arms out to the side for balance.
The whole idea is to get as small as possible, so you can turn and loop as fast as possible.

I found these terms in The Skydiving Handbook by Mike Turoff and Dan Poynter and was wondering what these actions are/ment.

1/Style tuck
2/layout backloop
3/twist trough
4/T daffy
5/backslide(guessin' this is some sort of backtracking)

Thanks in advance

eli

layout = stretched out, so a layout front/back loop is a "stretched loop" (and not tucked, as usual)

T is a freestyle move, as is a daffy (or freefly), daffy is legs apart front-to-back, not sure what the combo is?

Twist through is also a common freestyle move, a combo of a barrelroll and a 360 turn if I'm not mistaken. It looks cool and I can't do it, anyway :D

style tuck pics here:
http://www.parachute.nl/350.html

ciel bleu,
Saskia

layout = stretched out, so a layout front/back loop is a "stretched loop" (and not tucked, as usual)

T is a freestyle move, as is a daffy (or freefly), daffy is legs apart front-to-back, not sure what the combo is?

Twist through is also a common freestyle move, a combo of a barrelroll and a 360 turn if I'm not mistaken. It looks cool and I can't do it, anyway :D

style tuck pics here:
http://www.parachute.nl/350.html

Thanks everyone :)cant't wait to get experience under my belt so i can try those moves out :)
eli
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane"