magnanp

Need info - Possible scam artist

Hi all,

There is someone in Germany writing me an email requesting help to find someone after sending money for a rig but never getting the equipment.

Before assuming this is plain old theft and putting a formal complain to police, I tough it would be nice to see if the community could send a message to this person to clean up this misunderstanding if possible.

The first name is Mark and is likely from California. (I will not divulge last name, this could be a lost rig in transit and Mark is too busy - doesn't know, but still need proof to recover from insurance)

Maybe someone has a suggestion on how to solve this? The person that bought the rig also purchase one from me a few years back and he is really nice. No one deserve to get the short end of a deal like this.

Thanks

Ok people out in CA police your own and sort this out.

It may be all just a huge mistake I hope.

I only wish people would stick together more on these issues if it were like surveying equipment, you could never sell it stolen, or use it, so why steal?

I am not saying this is the case here, but I have witnessed people fucking each other over, and it is disgraceful.

Then they go on acting like they are still the best people around.

Buddyfuckers suck no matter what the circumstances.

I don't care if it a rig, golfcart, car, motorcycle, stereo, laptop, cd collection, medication, bicycle, trailer, woman or anything else.

I will shut up now.

I've been talking to the same victim who also purchased some gear from us in the past. I suggested he make a post listing the dude's name and full scenario in attempts to track him down to resolve what is hopefully a misunderstanding. However I have found more info on Mark that leads me to beleive that there is call to have someone help this gentleman press charges against him in CA.
Oh, hello again!

Wire fraud is a serious offence.

TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 63 > § 1343. Fraud by wire, radio, or television 2004-08-06
Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, transmits or causes to be transmitted by means of wire, radio, or television communication in interstate or foreign commerce, any writings, signs, signals, pictures, or sounds for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both. If the violation affects a financial institution, such person shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both.

This is interesting in that, a couple years ago, I recieved an e-mail from a man in Germany who had purchased a rig over e-Bay. He sent the funds and never got the rig. My wife, who is an investigator with our local D.A.'s office, took what 'little' information we were given and tried to locate the seller. Sadly, no luck. I have no idea but, I wonder if, these two incidents might be related and if, the 'seller' moves around a lot.

Chuck

IMO This thread was posted in the wrong forum.:o

Mullins jr was able to resolve his concerns about a gear deal gone bad in a week by posting his problem in the skydiving forum.B|

Anyone know how to get this thread switched to the other forum? Or this one is going to die a slow painful death in SC?:(

R.I.P.

:o

IMO This thread was posted in the wrong forum.:o

Mullins jr was able to resolve his concerns about a gear deal gone bad in a week by posting his problem in the skydiving forum.B|

Anyone know how to get this thread switched to the other forum? Or this one is going to die a slow painful death in SC?:(

R.I.P.

:o

Put in a request to one of the moderators. Also, like Sparky says below, we really could use more information. Without more information, this thread will die a slow death anyhow.

Chuck

When I hear back from the customer again I'll either post the dude's info or not. It may already be resolved since I haven't heard from the damaged party in a couple of days. I've got an email in with him now.

Gotta be considerate before bringing down the wraith of the internet geeks!:)
Oh, hello again!

Bad boy, Bad boy, what you gonna do........:D:D

Hopefully this is the last bottom feeder in our sport:S

If it isn't :o maybe we need to start keeping track of all the recoved gear as a result of this websight like they do on T.V. :)

R.I.P.

Okay, this is part of the first email I received from the German who apparently has been pretty much robbed.

I hope you can help me in this problem, i bought a mirage g4 complete system on dropzone.com,

I send the money (4600 usd) but never get the rig , first the seller was in contact with me but now he don�t answer on my email and don�t call back

Do you have good contact to dropzones in california ? , because he said he is located in califirnia

Can you ask them if they know a skydiver: Mark Farchione / Mark P. Farchione

In fairness to the accused, the accuser's name is Waldemar Witt. Several people, including myself, have sold gear to him where he sent the money in advance due to OUR misgivings about shipping overseas.

Mark has apparently had an article published on DZ.com recently about ground launching, so he's around.
Oh, hello again!