bigway

WFFC safety

They should not be ALLOWED to go. The operators have to take some sort of responsibility.

Right! And if you do something stupid while under the influence, its the bartenders fault for serving you!

Dude, gimme a break :S

Each jumper is ultimately responsible for his/her own safety.

Period!

If people are stupid enough to fly before a storm, its on them.
If people exit a baloon with nothing but corn below, its on them.

You really think its someone elses job to save your ass from your own stupidity???
__

My mighty steed

actually..I dubbed over it on purpose...although now you have me thinking...
when the door was opened...the pilot screams "NO!"
and what do you think the people at the back thought????? they first got peeved the door was closing when a pilot says "GO!"

the screeching tires on the golfcart are pretty damn funny too...he came screaming into the hangar!:D

Btw is that Brendan sitting in a wingsuit? If so, I think I know why that storm hit. She said that she was cursed when it came to wingsuits and weather. :)
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

on another thought...I was on the Casa one day...looked like we would beat the storm EASY..so we all went up...just as we opened the tail to jump the storm hit...HARD!!!>:(
peep the video on skydivingmovies.com!
http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=4362:o

For some reason, it won't work for me and won't come up in real player.....does any have another version?
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

Remember that bigway mainly jumps in the UK, where things are rather more regulated.

Do they do Balloon jumps in the UK? Do they just keep flying til they find the perfect landing area? Corn isn't that bad to land in.

I had a great time! JET JET JET.

j
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

I dont think they do balloon jumps in the uk. I know that with the balloon you have to find your own landing area but when there is a guy with 60 jumps on the balloon should they not tell you what sort of landing areas you are going to have to expect. Should they be letting a person with 60 jumps try and land amongst powrlines and 8 foot corn?

I looked after myself at this place as did most other people. I just think that there could be a few much needed rules at this conventiopn. It may then bring the droves of people back.
I am not trying to bad mouth the WFFC, just pointing out the problems i noticed and in all honesty really do hope that they can fix them to make the droves of people realise that it can be safe and get back there.

The WFFC was awesome, though lacked attendance. there could not have been more than 400 there on any given day. People say they do not go cause it is not safe. If they had some rules here and had things oput in place to make it safe the people would start coming back surely as it is an awesome awesom event that deserves the attendance from all the hard work put in to it.

For those of you that tell me not to come back, why were you not there?

For those that tell me to stay home, maybe you should realise i am allowed an opinion and my opinion has merit. I think you do not realise that i am posting on a net for conversation while not doing anything better. If you have a problem and just want to be a wanker, dont read my posts, for those who want to debate it or contribute to a conversation about it please do as that is the point of the thread and i welcome criticisim.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

>Should they be letting a person with 60 jumps try and land amongst powrlines and 8 foot corn?

Over here we ask "should a jumper with 60 jumps try to do a balloon jump?" There's a lot more "you should probably . . ." than "someone should make you . . ." at US DZ's I guess. Different culture, perhaps.

I guess that is what it is coming down to.

the thing is that students or sub 100 jump numbers dont usually know any better and will be wanting to try it all. I think there should be someone looking out for these people.

Different culture, maybe... i dont think it is responsible though if someone lets a guy with 60 jumps to jump out of a balloon into danger landing areas when he can not even perform a stand up landing on the dz as it is.

Where i come from we dont let people kill themselves.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

should they not tell you what sort of landing areas you are going to have to expect

How can they tell you when They dont know?? Balloons are kinda at the mercy of the winds.

If the 60 Jump kid is not comfortable with the landing area, He should not get out.

I know at the Dublin Boogie this year there was most of a Balloon load that landed with the balloon because when the operator told them to exit, They looked down and said FUCK That!! The ones that did get out landed in a subdivision.

Personal Responcibility. The balloon is giving you a ride, It is you choice if you want to get out.

One a side Note.. It was great to meet you at the Conevention and share a packing tent with you. You are one of those people that come across on here like a total ass sometimes but in reality is a great guy to party with.:P:D I think that is true of alot of us on here.

And if you are really going to pass up on a CarboneZone Bounce Burger because of a Comment on here.. Your loss Buddy!!;)

usually they say B license with a balloon.. just like a helicopter. That mean hopefully you have some accuracy skills. I can't remember what it is.. it's been a while since i took a test, but it was x times 20 (or 15)yrds from a target?

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

>the thing is that students or sub 100 jump numbers dont usually
> know any better and will be wanting to try it all. I think there should
> be someone looking out for these people.

There is - us. Newer jumpers get sent to one of the organizer's tents. (Well, definitely sent if they have under 50 jumps; they can't jump without us. 50-100 jumps it's highly recommended.)

>i dont think it is responsible though if someone lets a guy with
>60 jumps to jump out of a balloon into danger landing areas when
>he can not even perform a stand up landing on the dz as it is.

Again, a difference in philosophy. Over here we'd say that it's not very smart to do a balloon jump into dangerous landing areas if you can't even perform a stand up landing on the DZ as it is. Especially at the WFFC, we simply don't know who is competent to do what - so it's up to the jumper, usually.

I see your point Bill. I suppose i am just looking at things the wrong way as my experience has been the flipside to the way things are looked at here in the states.

Maybe instead of myself looking at it that the WFFC is dangerous, maybe i should think some of the jumpers are irresponsibl;e when they are in charge of themselves.

Makes sense to me.

Would be good though if they had designated landing areas for swoppers. I did see one guy get a stern word though when he landed at our tent.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

first off id like to say wut up to bigway and winsor...

bigway im the guy who was rapping and shit on one of those nights on ur videos..

and winsor im the dude you did the 3 way dosey doe with with tall ass anthony...

good times good times!!

anyways...to stay on topic here...i cant say that i felt unsafe on any of the jumps i did....had i not felt as safe as humanly possible while jumping out of a plane...i would not have made the jump....

its up to us to police ourselves and know the dangers of being in the air with so many people at one time...

i was told before i went to wffc by a swooping pioneer/expert/legend...that the wffc is a "scary place" and that all the jumpers who pnly jump cessnas and smaller planes come there to jump the big planes..and have minimal experiance being in the air with 40-50 canopies open at once in close proximity...

i took those words to heart...it being my first WFFC and all...and i used it to my advantage....by landing in the area that was least populated...not trying to showboat...and knowing my own personal limits..

i know that myself and who i was jumping have been in the air with plenty of canopies open at various other boogies...this still being my first year in the sport..and i have become accustomed to dealing with it safely...

glad to say that we all had a great time at the wffc...the parties are amazing...the jumps and planes...equally amazing...and the cool people i got to meet and hang out with from around the country and the world were simply amazing...i learned some while i was there...wished i could have learned more but the weather kinda put a damper on things once my tent was demolished...and we packed it up and head home early friday morning after a full day with no jumps...

in closing...id like to thank everyone who i met at the wffc...for just being cool peoples..and the wffc itself...and the toga party..for giving me one of the best nights of my entire life

if anyone knows me from there...keep in touch...

yours truely..

-Lead
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

Hey dude.

Your post is exactly what is expected of jumpers at the WFFC, however i think there are many jumpers there that are not as intelligent as yourself.

I was on a skyvan load and they were putting students out that were on radio and student gear pulling at 4500 feet who were at the same time on 8-ways before big freefly groups who were pulling at 3000 feet.

I had a problem with that but felt like an idiot when i said something.

Yes we need to police it ourselves and it is all very easy to saythat on the internet but saying it on the plane and having anyone listen is a different story.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store