Xurelia

A License

I am 15 years old and have been saving up to skydive for about 2 years, until I am 16. I bought the skydiving uspa manual and have been studying as well. My question is I was going to try to get the license at Austin Skydiving. I will only be able to be out there for a few weeks at the most. If I go to another dropzone that requires you to be 18 will they let me skydive if I am 16 but have an A license.

SIM section 2-1.D
Skydivers are to be at least either
a) 18 years of age
or
b) 16 years of age with notarized parental or guardian consent

Yes, but that has absolutely no bearing on the choices that individual DZOs are going to make. Many, if not most, will not allow skydivers under the age of 18 to jump.

To the original poster, do a search on 16 year old skydivers; there's been a number of threads about this and there are usually a few responses listing dropzones that will welcome 16 year olds. You are likely going to have to contact each DZ you want to jump to discuss the details of your situation - there's not really a blanket answer to this question.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

yeah, unfortunately for him the 18yo matter is about the validity of the waiver, and having an A license doesn't change the problem.

But perhaps some DZOs would be more comfortable with the problem with someone that's already shown enough interest in the sport to get the base license. You're right - he should call around.