afraidofheights

Finally going for real this time :)

Last time I posted on here, me and a bunch of people from work were going to skydive. Then, when it got close, people starting backing out. Now, it's just 2 or 3 of us going, 2 for sure. We're going labor day weekend. Reason for posting is a concern I've been having and it's probably a first on here. Ok, I have what doctors tell me a sensative inner ear. I am prone to getting dizzy spells and feeling lightheadedness. My question is will I feel this during the flight up or perhaps during the freefall? I want to know what to expect. Does anyone know anybody that has this problem and skydived before? I've never been in a plane so I don't know if it will effect me going up. I have been around 3000 feet up before while riding 4-wheelers in the mountains with no problems except for my hearing becoming muffled, but no dizziness. Thanks for reading :)

People backing out of skydiving! Yep, that's the norm.

As for your ear, if you are doing a tandem jump, which is most likely, you don't need to worry about any safty issues, as the tandem instrictor will be in charge. No one on here will be able to tell you if it will be an issue or not. My GUESS is it won't be. In either case you will be in capable hands.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

It is not a safety concern as far as affecting the skydive or landing safely; however it is a safety concern that could affect your hearing for the rest of your life. I have done just under 500 tandems and a some of my students mention some discomfort of the inner ear after freefall (due to the rapid pressure change). I would highly suggest consulting your doctor and explain that you are concerned about your inner ear and the rapid pressure chage during freefall when skydiving.
Kirk

Consult your physician. Also, it's your "middle ear" that's affected by pressure change, not your inner ear..... Your inner ear contains your vestibular (ie. your balance) system.

Ever been on a roller coaster, bungee jump, carnival rides of any type? If so, any probs with those?