base_nz

cameraman getting jumps for tandom

Hey guys,

a quick post fro you all... im getting back into jumping after a year and a hlf off ... wanting to do camera to get my jump sup but have foud that a lot of DZs are using wristys for there camera jumps now. ( in australia anyway. ) is this the same all oer the world??
And if so will this hinder people wanting to get there jumps up for becoming a tandom masters...as not all of us have the cash to pay fro that amount of jumps up front. And will this lead in turn to a shortage of tandom masters further down the track?

It would be good to hear wat you think..
Thanks

SEE Some kiwis CAN fly!
.....And you thought Kiwis couldn't fly!!!!

My best advice to you is to become a packer, pack as much as you can each day and save as much as you can while you still increase your jump numbers and skill set.

Dave here in OZ almost everyone pack for them selves except on training camps and boogies
He'd starve to death trying to eran jumping and livbing money packing:D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Will they let you jump camera for tandems after taking a year off and having 350 jumps?

My guess is that you will have the requirements for getting your tandem rating before you really get rolling as a video guy.

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Will they let you jump camera for tandems after taking a year off and having 350 jumps?

My guess is that you will have the requirements for getting your tandem rating before you really get rolling as a video guy.

I was jumping camera after 200.... but those 200 where done in just over a year... so those 750 jumps are looking a lot further away ...
And yes i would have to get another 50 or so jumps in over a short period before i would even think to ask and then it would probably be at the dropzone i would have been junping in.
.....And you thought Kiwis couldn't fly!!!!

I'm under the impression that Taupo requires 1,000 jumps for tandems, but not the other DZ's in NZ.. am I wrong?

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

My best advice to you is to become a packer, pack as much as you can each day and save as much as you can while you still increase your jump numbers and skill set.

Dave here in OZ almost everyone pack for them selves except on training camps and boogies
He'd starve to death trying to eran jumping and livbing money packing:D:D:D:D

If everyone is busy and tired from packing their gear. How about becoming a boy toy for the neglected wives and girlfriends that are bored sitting around the DZ all day.B|

R.I.P.