Scoop

Either a real bargain of real dangerous

All de-comissioned military equipment is supposed to be rendured "in-operable" (DoD regulations).

It doesn't work out that way all the times. You may get lucky and buy 500 to 5000lbs of scrap nylon for $10.00 and find a couple of Accuracy Canopies, Zero-p's and the likes of a small DZ's student set up, it just depends on whereyou buy the stuff.

If you find a 101st Canopy, I will tell you lines or not do not jump 'em, I send them to the DRMO (Defense Reutilization Marketing Office) as a final step before their grave. They will have no less than 5 years of 500+ jumps a year and 50+ smoke jumps annually (minimum, a new Demonstrator may make over 100 smoke jumps just for spring training). They do two years as a primary Demo Jumpers Canopy and 3 years as a student canopy. The last thing we do is make them the water training canopy for the new season and then once dry and all the clorine is set in the fabric, off to the coroner they go.

They will make a great wall hanging or boat cover (we even used one as a cover for a monument on post once, it rained for 5 days on it and the bird crap ate oodles of little holes through the whole canopy)
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

THey are sold as usable canopies :S Of course they may be but if they were I doubt the military would move them on de-lined.

Anyone who buys it is going to have to have a rigger install a line set. A buyer with half a brain would also ask the rigger to certify its airworthiness (perhaps even before purchasing said line set). There's gotta be at least some element of caveat emptor in here...
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

THey are sold as usable canopies :S Of course they may be but if they were I doubt the military would move them on de-lined.

Anyone who buys it is going to have to have a rigger install a line set. A buyer with half a brain would also ask the rigger to certify its airworthiness (perhaps even before purchasing said line set). There's gotta be at least some element of caveat emptor in here...

Hi NW

Bid is currently $95 plus $25 shipping, plus the cost of buying & intalling a line set.:S

The seller is making a lot of promises ie 200 jumps etc.

At current price of $120 a bad deal for a car cover IMO.

The seller has a 100% feedback rateing based on 42 items.:) the majority are $15 video games:o looks like one canopy sold and delivered to to a happy ????.

R.I.P.

They will have no less than 5 years of 500+ jumps a year and 50+ smoke jumps annually (minimum, a new Demonstrator may make over 100 smoke jumps just for spring training). They do two years as a primary Demo Jumpers Canopy and 3 years as a student canopy. The last thing we do is make them the water training canopy for the new season and then once dry and all the chlorine is set in the fabric, off to the coroner they go.

So in other words...They're "LIKE NEW" compared to some of the demo stuff I've seen around!;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~