sagan

Swoop into shark cage

ditto...but i wanted to see if my reaction was misguided

I do get it, it's hard to fly over the ocean where the ground reference isn't as good, and it is impressive to swoop and land in a 5ft x 5 ft box (vs. using an accuracy 7 cell canopy and touching in)

Interesting stunt nonetheless -- i would have liked to have been a fly on the wall when they thought of it. So first, we're gonna get you to swoop on the beach... no wait, over the ocean... yeah over the ocean, and onto a small target... yeah that's it, maybe a cage -- wait, that's perfect.. and then after that let's attract a bunch of hungry sharks around the cage -- yea that's an awesome idea!

Having my advanced open water and being lucky enough to actually dive with sharks on occassion, i don't mean to belittle the stunt, people involved, etc. Maybe it's just an interesting reflection on our society today that a stunt like that just really isn't that interesting to anyone -- including scuba and skydiving folks. :|
-Patrick

There were some interesting points to this shark cage jump, don't get me wrong. I just haven't been too interested in the fine art of swooping. Jumping out of the helicopter, now that interestes me to know end. Not sure why though.

And no, I would not try my 210 canopy for this type of thing. I haven't learned it that well yet anyway to even think of doing more than landing it safely.

David

i thought the rocket powered base jump was cooler.

and definitely more freakishly death defying.

Haha, yea, the base thing was pretty sweet. I liked the rail grind off the grand-canyon also...

I was still wondering who in the world was stupid enough to do the landing part. While Ive seen some real sharks in my life I would never try somthing like that. Hope he got piad, SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!!!
Kenneth Potter
FAA Senior Parachute Rigger
Tactical Delivery Instructor (Jeddah, KSA)
FFL Gunsmith

I thought it was KICKASS. Maybe both of you should try to land in an 8x9 cage with your 210 square footers. NOT!!!

I hear his next stunt may be swooping downtown Atlanta with a white hood on. Now that would be a great stunt
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

I thought it was KICKASS. Maybe both of you should try to land in an 8x9 cage with your 210 square footers. NOT!!!

I hear his next stunt may be swooping downtown Atlanta with a white hood on. Now that would be a great stunt

DUDE!!! I will do that stunt, but I need a geteway car. NOT driven by you.:P