ryan_d_sucks

Stupid Skydiving Faces

I've been watching a lot of skydiving videos recently, and I have to say.. People make THE most contorted, bewildered, and just funny facial expressions. I guess its just because skydiving is just such an intense feeling..

Here's one of myself from my first tandem just after the canopy deployed/inflated. Post some more if you have any good ones.

Ryan

I've always wondered if skydiving tones the face.

All the wuffos you see on tandems have faces that flap. Skygods however do not. Maybe its genetic.

------
Two of the three voices in my head agree with you. It might actually be unanimous but voice three only speaks Welsh.

i hope this uploads... but the first pic is an attempt to look really cool and slide into a backtrack at break off from a 3 way sitfly at ASC in Georgia. The result of which is what you see: a "What the F*ck is wrong here im not moving ANYWHERE?!!!" i eventually rolled over with my tail between my legs and tracked off. I did not discover till i was on the ground and saw the pic how vertical my legs were...oops. You can see my good friend Laura lauging appropriately at me in the background.

"My mom says im cool"

The second is just me feeling good and happy cuz im in the air

clear skies

and thanks for for pics noah!
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

The best one for (of) me, in my short career so far, was on one of my first fun 2-ways. I had this ear-to-ear grin on the exit - and the first time I realised i had been smiling was when I saw the video!!
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

you trompin' some grapes with those boots?;)

Hey, it's Oklahoma... you want booze on Sunday, you gotta make it yourself. :)

I wear those boots every day, including on every jump I've been on so far. Several years ago I acquired a preference for high-top shoes, wearing Converse All-Stars (when they were still made in the USA) and high-top work boots. After a while I just wore the work boots all the time. Last spring, right before I started jumping, my then-current pair of boots were worn out and I knew that shoes with hooks were a bad idea for jumping. The kid at the work-clothing store understood steel-toe vs regular, high-top vs low, waterproof vs not, but "no hooks, I'm going to jump out of an airplane with them" sort of threw him for a loop. Eventually he worked it out and I bought some boots.

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

Here are a few of mine. Ironically, the expression in "1" isn't fear... I think the camera just caught a bad moment. Regardless, it looks like pants-filling terror.

sure, uh huh... ;)

:DI miss those comics!
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

I've been watching a lot of skydiving videos recently, and I have to say.. People make THE most contorted, bewildered, and just funny facial expressions. I guess its just because skydiving is just such an intense feeling..

Ryan

My friend Karen doing a tandem. (the passenger)