veter_

Is death game legal?

Reading through this thread it's hard for me not to get the impression that the death game people just don't have the communication skills or sense of responsibility that you'd think would go with a 'safety' attitude towards skydiving.

It seems they've got a lot to learn and are recognising their own deficiencies through Veter who is probably just their latest 'scape goat'.

Interesting perspective from someone who walked in to the theater about six months in to the movie.

This is the point that it has reached because of the inability of one to consider that maybe, dozens of people who have been in this sport for years and decades more than himself see a pattern and direction to his behavior that he does not.

I understand your feelings, but you need to understand that this issue didn't begin two days before the original Death Game post.

Stay safe,
Mike

If you're gonna' be stupid, well, then you're most likely stupid.

inreply to 'Interesting perspective from someone who walked in to the theater about six months in to the movie. '

Not sure if you're talking about yourself here.....

This skydiing movies been playin' for more than 6 months.:P

"but you need to understand '

I love it when people tell me what I NEED to stand under..:)

Wonder how it's gonna end this time.

:):):)

You already know this but i'll say it anyway...... Damn women you really tell it like it is.:|

BTW what's wrong with jumping a canopy with blood all over it:o As long as it's not yours:D

I calls 'em like I sees 'em.

I can deal with blood, but it was ASS blood (according to everything I heard, that's where it was comin' out of). There is no way I'm sharing that intimate a body fluid with someone I've never met. :P
May the (relative) wind take your troubles away...

Bit too much second guessing perhaps but they seem a bit like wayward little kiddies to me. What influence do they have? They probably think they're running the place.

Trae, before you ride off, you might chose a smaller horse? There is no lack of concern for safety being displayed here. Nor any bravado, Nor any audacity.

I have never been to the ranch, but this is how I understand it to function: The ranch has a "no-rules" policy. People don't really get grounded there. If you are unsafe, you will get a talking to, if you ignore that talking to, you'll probably get a few more. Eventually, everyone is talking to you. If you just flat-out refuse to listen, people acknowledge that you are probably going to bounce. They put your name on a list, a) as a last resort to showing the person they are considered by the vast majority to be unsafe, and b) to warn other jumpers that come, that they may not want to jump with this person.

The mental pressures they're applying to people they can't show decent care to is likely to end up hurting others as you suggest.

Have you ever jumped there? Do you have a different impression then what I have described? This 'game' is enacted and maintained by jumpers... not the DZO. Everyone has to look out for number one, and then for their fellow jumpers. If you're going to jump at a place that let's everyone jump, regardless of their unsafe attitute, this 'game' seems to be a good way of pointing out that you DO care about safety... and are bothered by those that blaintantly don't.

is this game legal ?? ....in a court of law it could be argued that they are exhibiting a decided lack of care which could be construed as negligent behaviour.

That's a negative ghost-rider... Beeing that nobody's name appears on the list until after their safety issues have been addressed and ignored. This game is a last resort and it's intentions are noble.

Such behaviour is certainly not funny to people who have had loved ones die at that DZ.

Maybe you would be happier if the 'proceedure' for dealing with an unsafe jumper who won't listen to reason, was to call their loved ones? Send him home with a note to be signed by his mommy? Come on brotha, if you are unsafe, you are unsafe. It's not because others point out that you are unsafe that you go in. It's for no other reason than your own personal disregard for safety.

"We told him so" is all this 'game' tells a dead-jumpers loved ones....

"We told him so and the f*cker wouldn't listen."

Nick

(Veter, if you're reading this, I'm still awaiting a response to my last PM brotha.)

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

in reply to ' I have never been to the ranch, but this is how I understand it to function: The ranch has a "no-rules" policy.'

Been there done that and have the blood splats to prove it. No rules ..no brains...no care ....and in the end ..no skydive.
When you have to jump out of the way of bouncing morons that some irresponsible DZSO allows to skydive near your loved ones ....come back and we'll talk some more.

In the meantime ..... ah don't ride horses , jump at that DZ or go runnin' home to mumma.... but I do have lots of ghosts hanging around .

:P

Have you ever jumped there? Do you have a different impression then what I have described? This 'game' is enacted and maintained by jumpers... not the DZO. Everyone has to look out for number one, and then for their fellow jumpers. If you're going to jump at a place that let's everyone jump, regardless of their unsafe attitute, this 'game' seems to be a good way of pointing out that you DO care about safety... and are bothered by those that blaintantly don't.

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

I like the fact that on the remarks others mentioned his lack of skill and seemed to realize he did not start BASE through the advice that many BASE mentors suggest. He didnt like when his home DZ tried to educate him, or when people on here did, looks as if that cliff gave him a very mild form of "wake the fuck up"
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

I can kind of see the point in that. I guess if you make this pot public it's more to let the person know they seriously need to change something in their skydiving skills or they are going to get themselves killed. More for them than anyone making any money. No matter how bad they are I would not be happy about making some cash off of someone's death.

A guy I know came into my store yesterday and I was telling him about my going into the wind tunnel before I do AFF to help my skills. He said "Oh anyone can skydive It does'nt take any skill at all" ANY skill at all??? f*c*ing whuffo

No matter how bad they are I would not be happy about making some cash off of someone's death.

I doubt anyone is. But spend a little more time in this sport and you'll realize that 1) a dark sense of humor helps you get through the darker side of this sport and 2) some people won't listen till the way the message is delivered is drastic.

ROTFLMAO!!! Seeing this Circus resurrect made my day. God bless Internet! I hope there's Internet after death, the entertainment is just too good. Thanks for your hard work. :D

Yuri
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

ROTFLMAO!!! Seeing this Circus resurrect made my day. God bless Internet! I hope there's Internet after death, the entertainment is just too good. Thanks for your hard work. :D

Yuri

You'll never learn. I just hope you have more luck than you have brains, because I'd still be sad to hear bad news.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb