veter_

Is death game legal?

Well, as a young jumper take note from this idiot Veter. As you can see becoming a know it all gets you know where in this sport, especially a dangerous one.
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

I'm on the list.

Why are you on the list?

Derek

because he does stuff like land cross pattern after everyone has specified a landing direction.

because he is dangerous and doesnt realize that he needs to listen to other people on his dropzone.

and guess what at my other dropzone we have bounce bingo too...

it has to do with the fact that we are sick of people not listening when they are doing unsafe things, so now after we tell them 20 times, we just put em on the bounce bingo list.

muwahahahahaha...

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

This Modified Bounce Bingo thing really isn't a big deal, and I hope you can find other things to get under your skin. How about the appointment of John Bolton to the UN? Or perhaps world hunger. I tend to get pissed off about our failed energy policy that drives consumption rather than conservation, and I sometimes even get pissed about the national policy to destroy our wilderness areas. Think big...there are plenty of meaningful things to get pissed off about.

Tom,

Once again an awesome reply to an issue, you astound me with your clarity which others sometimes mistake for humor ;)

hehe that was badass!

Dave LOL

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

All right, I got the idea.

I said everything I wanted to say here.

Maybe USPA and FAA will like the death game so much that we'll soon see the list of winners in the incidents section in Parachutist.

Chiao.

wow so this guys name is yuri, and if you make fun of him, or try oto lecture him you might wind up with a lawsuit, so look out fo rhim ;)

hehe

this is awesome....next week on as the prop turns, an idiot blames the tarot reador for his cutaway....

dave

Yuri,

It doesn't matter if its legal or illegal. What matters is you have been labeled unsafe by the jumpers at The Ranch.

hmmm labled unsafe by jumpers at the ranch ;)

the same place were people hook in between trees and the packing matt, the same place where people yell fire in the hole around the fire, and everyone runs, the same place where people tried to tell me what they are trying to tell you and you aint getting it, and niether did I I guess Titanium or pine will be your teacher bro.

good luck with it.

Dave

Hehe the S& TA has alredy commented hehe

yay

Dave

Derrick,

The S&TA needs to take an ACTIVE role in the re-eudcation of any jumper that is on the list for "demonstrated" reasons.

The DZO needs to be involved as well.

If the jumper is a danger to his or herself, they should be grounded and the DZO has a responsibility to advise OTHER DZ's in the area of the jumpers deficencies.

Is this "the" solution? NO, but it is a dam site more civilized than a "blood pool".

That again, is MY opinion, which isnt worth the band width it takes up, is it???

Scott.

Anyone notice that the new folks don't understand this at all?

uh, I'm new but I understand it. And to someone else, yeah he could just get banned from the dz, but then thats just creating a safety problem for the unsuspecting dz down the road. Why not try to deal with it in-house. If these people didn't care they would do nothing, but they are doing something (public ridicule) to get the guys attention.

I think he would sue the ranch if he got banned, we already have discovered what a litigious guy he is.

Dave

To all the jumpers at The Ranch,
My aplogies as regards my initial post in this thread. It was knee jerk and, I would not NOT jump at your DZ just because of this (IMHO) absurd pool that you have. I am sure you have nothing but the best of intentions but the actual implementation of such a concept is turly disturbing to me.

Scott

Thats cool the ranch seems to like people with senses of humor.

Cheers
Dave

Dave

Maybe a few of us sweat in the heat and give off an offensive odor. Sometimes there isn't enough pizza for everyone to have a slice.

No mike I always sweat and give off an offensive odor, or maybe that is my jumpsuit, I keep expect to see it heading to the loading area by itself soon...

Dave

Edit to say... Lithium is the key to solving all your problems...

I did not survive and return to skydiving after my low-jump-number accident to be ridiculed for the rest of my life.

You will be ridiculed as long as you keep going bonkers over it.

If I demand to stop, she gotta stop. This thing got under my skin.

B.S. You need to get a thicker skin if your gonna hang. This is not the NY public schools where everyone cares about your self-esteem and the masses bend over backwards for the lone dissenter. Get real. In skydiving people are usually making fun one of two ways... a. to your face (if they like you) or b. talking shit behind your back (if they don't)... looks like they started out with A and are probably moving on to B....

on a final note:
And I though skydiving was a respite from the weiners like this that are everywhere in todays society...

Heres the question: If you all are having fun and trying to teach some people to be safe .... then why the hell hasnt the DZO grounded them for the multiple saftey infractions that they continue to make? Seems fair to me if i would give up $10 (READ: half a jump) to bet they went in then i would not want to be jumping anywhere around them and i would ground them.

Have Rig will travel ...

guys, your opinions are all true and on the money, but clearly not needed. The guy obviously DOESNT care, he DOESNT listen and he has his own agenda.

He is ignored at the Ranch - left to making his solo skydives. Very few people talk to him, his actions are the joke of the DZ, prety much. May be we should just ignore him here as well. This topic was very much fun, no doubt, but I think it's time we put it to rest.

Moderator, what do you think?
SoFPiDaRF - School of Fast Progress in Downsizing and Radical Flying. Because nobody knows your skills better than you.

>then why the hell hasnt the DZO grounded them for the
> multiple saftey infractions that they continue to make?

Same reason most DZO's don't ground people who jump small canopies, or jump without an AAD I suppose. If he's just going to kill himself (so the thinking goes) why ground him?

From your earlier post about this guy:

it has to do with the fact that we are sick of people not listening when they are doing unsafe things, so now after we tell them 20 times, we just put em on the bounce bingo list.

And this one:

the same place where people tried to tell me what they are trying to tell you and you aint getting it, and niether did I

You know what they say about people who live in glass houses................

--
My other ride is a RESERVE.

You know what they say about people who live in glass houses................

Except in Dave's case, this sentence should be past tense.

He got hurt, learned, and is now trying to help someone else who he sees is on a dangerous path.

I don't see any need for you to point a finger at him.

Stay safe,
Mike

If you're gonna' be stupid, well, then you're most likely stupid.

I dont want to take this thread off topic, but my point was/is, he's no different than Veter_, by his own admission he was warned and would not listen. By your admission, he only learned after he got hurt.

If Dave was warned and didnt listen, and only learned after hurting himself, why should he expect Veter_ to do anything different?

Sorry, maybe its lack of coffee this morning, but I have a problem with people who are warned, won't listen, and then hurt themselves, only to turn around and say to others, hey "Learn from my mistakes".
:|

--
My other ride is a RESERVE.

So then, would you advocate that each should have to make the same mistakes?

Perhaps the 'trend' should be more like "I jumped a canopy which was way too small and I femured... I suggest you go out and do the same." ?

What exactly are you trying to accomplish with your post?

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

i imagine it cause maybe, just maybe, yoe'll be more inclined to listem to someone who's been there than someone they view as a goody-goody who's afraid to push the envelope.

likelyhood is they'll conter with something along the lines of "you just obviously weren't up to it" rather than "oh... THAT's what happens if i push too far too fast", but at least my conscience will be clear because i tried.

I'm not quite jaded enough yet to NOT try and then write it off as, "ah, they wouldn't have listened anyway."

YMMV

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time

If Dave was warned and didnt listen, and only learned after hurting himself, why should he expect Veter_ to do anything different?

Veter's already been hurt. You must have missed that part of his series of posts.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

It's not that anyone should expect different behavior, it's that we hope for different behavior.

Dave may be pointing a finger, but he's pointing an even bigger finger at himself, offering his fuck-ups and injury as an example.

By the way, I'm really enjoying my coffee right now!

Stay safe,
Mike

If you're gonna' be stupid, well, then you're most likely stupid.