veter_

Is death game legal?

Hey Yuri! Glad to see you're still alive :D Wicked video (and nice editing) of the cliff 'slide' - what's the right term for that? It was more than a strike... I'd call it a slide or a grind. Anyway....
... this is now the greatest thread ever. It has reached critical mass, nothing more can be added. I think it's safe to close.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

Thanks for your hard work.

Did you ever stop to wonder why nobody else in your group struck that rock? Maybe those other jumpers have more control over their canopies. This comes with experience you clearly do not have. You turned 90 degrees left before you deployed. When you opened, you were still leaning to the left, which caused the impact.

You are so lucky to be alive right now but you don’t even realize it! They say that God protects old folks and fools, you clearly have someone upstairs looking out for you. Although I fear that he will eventually grow tired of saving your sorry ass.

Another issue. You were using a High Definition Camera for a BASE jump. I bet you didn’t ask anyone about video cameras when you made that decision either. While HD cameras have great resolution, they suck….I repeat, they absolutely suck in less than ideal lighting conditions. The second half of your video looks like it is almost dark out when you are just in the shadow behind the rock. Don’t expect to use it on any night jumps.

UntamedDOG

in reply to"You are so lucky to be alive right now but you don’t even realize it! They say that God protects old folks and fools, you clearly have someone upstairs looking out for you. Although I fear that he will eventually grow tired of saving your sorry ass. "

AMEN.....

Join the club ...no shortage of lucky beggars around this sport.
At least you seem to be offering some worthwhile advice not just betting on his demise.:S

GO VETER ! (or whoever you are) show us that just about anyone (with a bit of luck ) can live and learn or is that the other way round?

(ps I'm still winning money betting on your survival so don't go in......arright????)

:)

you wouldnt be hanging with maggot, would you?

Oh man now we are knocking maggot???

jeez guy gets a little bad press and everyone goes to shoot him down...

so hes a little ferverent and a little too energetic while humping ralph the beast on the Great Hall floor...

he makes me giggle a lot and reminds me that I took up this sport to smile relax and have a good time...

and I am going to say this in Yuris defense even though I was furious at the Death Game legal him getting so pissed about it before and poked a lot of fun at his expense...if you look at that video of him having a cliff strike (and those of you basers that havenet had a strike yet, one day you will stay in the sport long enough and you will have an object strike...) he flew that fucker to the GROUND after getting whacked and as I said to yuris face that my friends is impressive...

CHeers

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

case in point, when I first started skydiving, I learned at the ranch, I had the typical problems with flaring...now the perosn who was running this contest took time
every time she knew I was landing and would run out onto the landing area screaming flare you fucking pussy flare...

and you know what

It worked.

Oh god....I know its old....but thats the funniest shit I've seen in weeks. My sides hurt
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

case in point, when I first started skydiving, I learned at the ranch, I had the typical problems with flaring...now the perosn who was running this contest took time
every time she knew I was landing and would run out onto the landing area screaming flare you fucking pussy flare...

and you know what

It worked.

Oh god....I know its old....but thats the funniest shit I've seen in weeks. My sides hurt

Worked for me too around the same time....

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

Okay I met Yuri at the pyro boogie, watched him skydive, I think part of the issue is the language barrier. He did everything the same way as the other "flockers" and such and seemed to be safe in the landing area. I didnt have much to say about this thread except that "I hope you dont die" he agreed.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

I think part of the issue is the language barrier. He did everything the same way as the other "flockers" and such and seemed to be safe in the landing area.

Or he could have changed his ways since this tread started. I know quite a few jumpers that were "Craters waiting for grid co-ordinates" that changed over time to be safe and very good jumpers.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Yes I can agree with that... I dont know for sure because of the language barrier and he was drunk. I hope that is the case because he is a nice person and watching that video was scarey without meeting him, now he is a friend and it is more so
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

The reason he made it on bounce bingo was never his skill, it was his attitude towards listening to others.

He never really did anything outwardly dangerous. Just pretty annoying at first. Then one day he decided he knew it all and had nothing to learn from anyone who was trying to converse with him. Now a days its more a social thing than anything else.

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

That what i said! it makes me sick to my stomach too!
It might be a reality check for the DGIT nominees, but hellllooooo?! betting on it? ugh.... it depresses me to think of such a game. well, its not even a game, it is ridiculous!
please stop the madness!
"The most wasted day of all is that upon which we have not laughed..." Nicholas Chamfort.

Sounds like youre preparing to take legal action. If you dont want to get picked on, stop doing shit that will get you picked on! Like sueing a DZ, or people, or writing the FAA, or having an investigation. be normal and laugh at yourself and lose the paranoia about people trying to kill you. a cut reserve cable will kill you, not a self induced half collapsed slider. people are trying to have fun, dont spoil it, skydiving is about having fun so find your way to have fun again.

clear skies
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

Sounds like youre preparing to take legal action. If you dont want to get picked on, stop doing shit that will get you picked on! Like sueing a DZ, or people, or writing the FAA, or having an investigation. be normal and laugh at yourself and lose the paranoia about people trying to kill you. a cut reserve cable will kill you, not a self induced half collapsed slider. people are trying to have fun, dont spoil it, skydiving is about having fun so find your way to have fun again.

clear skies

You should check how old this thread is and when the last time veter_ posted is. He does not post under this name anymore and this subject is dead for some time now...
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch