airtimebabe24

YOU WONT BELIEVE THIS!

Thank you thank you to everyone who helped me with landing advice.
Without further adue, (drum roll please.....)

I STOOD UP ALL MY LANDINGS TODAY! INTO THE WIND!
Need i mention that i swallowed my pride of 25 jumps and had the DZO help me land with radio assistance???
Still, thank you everyone. I hope to keep it up. ( well, set it down on my feet :)
"The most wasted day of all is that upon which we have not laughed..." Nicholas Chamfort.

thank you thank you! how many jumps do you have? am i normal to not be having all stand up landings?

I've only got 4 AFF jumps in so far, i flared too high on #1, stabbed #2, ran out #3, and sat down for #4.

Everybody i've talked to in training, at the DZ, etc has said it is not abnormal at all to take a little while to get to be able to stand up all your landings. It takes some people longer than others to catch the hang of it. Even some of the experienced guys can be seen routinely scraping the grass in the landing area. ESPECIALLY on no wind days.

Umk. I can do that.
First of all, i really tense up for fear that im gonna turf it... again.
Second, i thought of a landing pattern. Instead of turning into the wind at about 2,000 feet and giving myself a super long walk, i stayed pretty much in one area of the field until it was time to turn.
Third, i focused on the ground ahead of me, instead of the ground under me. I picked my vision up.
Finally, I flared when i was supposed to. Usually i flare too high or too low.
Also, it was a tremendous help having my DZO over the radio! He is amazing.
I jumped for joy after. We got the landing on vid.
"The most wasted day of all is that upon which we have not laughed..." Nicholas Chamfort.

i focused on the ground ahead of me, instead of the ground under me. I picked my vision up.

And, there ya have it. Very happy for you.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Thank you thank you to everyone who helped me with landing advice.
Without further adue, (drum roll please.....)

I STOOD UP ALL MY LANDINGS TODAY! INTO THE WIND!
Need i mention that i swallowed my pride of 25 jumps and had the DZO help me land with radio assistance???
Still, thank you everyone. I hope to keep it up. ( well, set it down on my feet :)
Thats great new! I love skychicks that swallow!

Track high, Pull LOW!!!

Great job. It's great when things work out. Give your self a big pat on the back, cause you listened and used what you learned.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

As Flyangel2 said....

Great job. It's great when things work out. Give your self a big pat on the back, ause you listened and used what you learned.

Very much worth repeating.
Congrats!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Yeah, thats right! The sexy thang that landed on her feet today! I should stop gushing huh?
Tomorrow is a new day, and another day to skydive.

Hey AirtimeBabe,
I personally witnessed you stand up your landings today, and it was awesome to watch your victory "dance" of jumping up and down when you succeeded. It's nice watching you go from dustcloud landings to standing em' all up (that I saw, anyway)!
BTW, that last landing I saw you make was a zero-wind landing, and standing a zero wind landing is tough at your jump level. Congrats!

You will also notice that the more you relax on your landings, the better they become and visa-versa.

I only started relaxing after i attended one of Brian germain's canopy control courses. Since then i have loved avery landing and enjoy my landings as much as my freefall... sometimes more. :ph34r:

Congrats, keep it up. ;)

OMG! yes it does! i once landed downwind at about 25 miles an hour, slid in and completely tore my jumpsuit. not to mention the cuts on my leg and the big dust cloud i made coming in so beautifully!

That's what I mean. Use old Sears coveralls and all the radios it takes. If you can keep from getting hurt long enough to learn it, then you'll be good to go.

kk